SMEV RECALL

Hi
I received guidance from Cambridge campervans. If the control stalks are brass then failed straight away. If aluminium then proceed to stage 2 with gas test. If passes the unit is deemed safe. Mine are aluminium and have been tested ok so I will be using my hob as normal.
can you confirm which part is a control stalk ta

D19953DA-9ABC-4195-86E2-709618D2DB1C.jpeg

Good point, if it isn’t the SKU number provided then you may be ok however that would make no sense with the issue of using brass?
There’s many different types of brass, the manufacturer possibly had an issue with material supply QC.

Just checked I have brass knobs too (lol) looks like I’ll be a fail
It looks like people are missing the point here not all cookers with brass stalks fail only ones that have the recall SKU numbers
So I would check the SKU FIRST then get it checked professionally

I haven't got as far as buying my Dometic 9722 my preferred supplier is out of stock was hoping they would be back in by now no idea how long it might be.not until all units have been checked and passed for safety I imagine

As per my prev posts I have SKU on recall list am waiting a time to get it checked

but as I was able to self check for brass I did. If it saves me a 2 hour round trip to be told the same figure why not

Not sure they'll take your word as I think that's the reason you are having to travel 2 hours as they want them checked by registered gas engineers. Also they are sending the new unit to the plac that testes mine and not out to myself annoyingly

Ah fair enough tbh I’ve got no weekdays off anytime soon so if not testing at weekend will just have to wait for dometic to sort someone mobile/closer
Thanks for the updates though

Mine was fitted 2018 so shouldn't be subject to recall - I have checked under my knob ( ooerrr.... :) ) and my shaft isn't brass, all aluminium. Phew!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Still waiting for Dometic to get back to me, but just had a look at one of the shafts on mine...and it's brass = definite fail?

Bugger...

Mine was fitted 2018 so shouldn't be subject to recall - I have checked under my knob ( ooerrr.... :) ) and my shaft isn't brass, all aluminium. Phew!
I'm pretty sure it is only the specific seriel numbers that have the issue. Its not just any with brass fittings.

It doesn't help when you would have to dismantle the oven and grill to attempt to read any sticker on the hob or remove the fridge for the sink on the other side.

Just got email to say new sink arriving tuesday. Fortunately i hadnt fitted mine prior to recall so just sent it back to dometic, taken 3 weeks all in all

Reactions: CAB
Back