SMEV RECALL

Got a reply from my seller:
Essentially turn it off and await instructions.
I have also emailed dometic directly to see what they say. Slightly annoying as I have some trips planned

My unit is also effected, same generic response from dometic, I have a feeling this may take some time…

I've just had an email from Kiravans - I thought it would be easier to do a cut & paste of the entire content below:
3371a93a-c299-4622-9316-8e35509ca10b.png

Dometic Product Warning and Voluntary Recall

Dear Customer,

We have recently been alerted to a product warning and voluntary recall issued by Dometic, relating to some gas hobs that we sell, and which are very commonly used in campervans worldwide. If you use a Dometic gas hob in your van, regardless of whether you purchased it from us, from someone else, or if it came with your van when you bought it, we thought you would want to know about this issue.

The product warning and voluntary recall is due to a fault they have discovered in the gas tubes and gas regulators which they believe can cause a potential leakage of gas, with the obvious associated dangers this brings. The current announcement is available here:
https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/outdoor/uk/lp/product-warning-and-recall

Dometic has also issued us with a letter outlining the issue in a little more detail, explaining that they are working on a solution and will inform us when they have an update. We will of course also advise you as soon as we have an update. You can read this letter here.

At this point we can’t advise you any differently from the statement provided by Dometic that if you have one of the listed products, you should follow the instructions provided in the article, particularly with regard to shutting off the gas supply to your stove.

We are anticipating further details from Dometic in due course. Our understanding is that Dometic plans to resolve this issue directly with the end user themselves and not through the retailers. We want to reassure you that if this changes we will work with Dometic to ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as we can. Dometic is a large international company with a strong reputation to protect, so we see no reason why they wouldn’t work to resolve this issue as a priority.

While you are waiting to hear the full details of this recall, this would be a good time to look out the serial number of your product, so that you are prepared when more information is available. You can usually find the serial number on a label applied to the product. For the combi cooker & sink units the label is typically on the side-wall of your sink.

We do not have any additional information on this subject at the moment, but we want to assure you that as soon as we have something useful to share with you, we will provide a full update and instructions on next steps.
Kind regards
Rob, MIke & all the team at Kiravans

Bought mine from southdevonvampervans.
Tom got in touch with me 24th July to let me know about it and I got my replacement from him 31st July.
That's good service.
Of course mine was still boxed as waiting for kitchen on back order.

Last edited:
So it says turn off and keep turned off so too dangerous to use! And still only voluntary recall .WTF.

Well I'm still waiting for smev 9722 to come back in stock at Kiravans sort of glad they haven't come in yet have domestic sorted problem on new one's???

Well I'm still waiting for smev 9722 to come back in stock at Kiravans sort of glad they haven't come in yet have domestic sorted problem on new one's???
Mine was new cleared stock.
I've checked the serial no. And it's OK.

Last edited:
Can't find any sticker or documentation with that elusive SKU number although I have an affected model number. I am not going to start dismantling the van to see if there is a sticker on the oven/hob/grill or whatever though and only the model number is on my documents. A date of manufacture of the affected units would be of help.

Mine was built November 2018 so hopefully mine will be the same SKU number rather than the affected ones.

I can't get at any SKU number without removing the fridge or oven, my converters expect me to dismantle everything to find it! They are not being very helpful at the moment.
Model is Dometic MO9722L Piezo so from the above info it is possibly a Chinese one.

Last edited:
Bilbo’s just advised me that only the Chinese ones have a problem
The SKU code starts with 96 if they are made in China
SKU 91 is made in Slovakia

Back