Small Car Advice / Recommendations / Experience

Absolutely fine. Mine was a 75BHP variant (High Up!). I'm based in Mid Wales and it was fine on hills and NSL roads. Only ventured onto motorways a couple of times on airport runs but had no issues whatsoever.

I bought another member of the Up! Family for my son, Skoda Citigo Sport, it's the 60bhp version - Group 1 insurance and 55-60 mpg.

Great first car, I also like driving it, its very nippy :) The Up! Is more refined but I don't think you'll find another Sport branded car in Group 1.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I can support the enthusiasm for the Fiat Panda. Admittedly it was one of the older boxy style Panda 1000S that I owned. I sold it after 20 years as the ‘family car’ (yes really) and it was as good the day I sold it as when I bought it new. I can’t speak for the new ones, but Fiat never let me down.

I've read that the 0.9 twin-air engine is good in a Panda, but there are less positive comments about the 1.2 engine which is the one that she would likely get.
My daughters is the 900 engine. Much happier she has that rather than the 1200.
Although most kids nowadays have these black box fitted. If they speed or drive badly it pushes up thier insurance. It gives me piece of mind knowing she is aware that her driving skills are being monitored and as such makes her a more sensible driver.
Also, as mentioned, the Panda is the same body as a fiat 500 and I think it’s as good a choice but I think the youngsters see the 500 as a “cooler” set if wheels.

Back