Sliding Side Window Break In

CollectiveTom

0D8BCBED-5EDC-4E0C-A640-E034DB6125D1.jpeg Hi folks, just a word of warning that my van was broken into today by someone who very neatly pushed the sliding side window out of my kombi into the back seat.

I’d never heard of this as a weakness but I’m certainly aware of it now. They definitely knew what they were doing, no damage otherwise. Thankfully nothing in there except my wallet with only cards, so they left disappointed.

View attachment 49298 Hi folks, just a word of warning that my van was broken into today by someone who very neatly pushed the sliding side window out of my kombi into the back seat.

I’d never heard of this as a weakness but I’m certainly aware of it now. They definitely knew what they were doing, no damage otherwise. Thankfully nothing in there except my wallet with only cards, so they left disappointed.
Thanks for sharing this @CollectiveTom, not heard this one before, thought that the side sliding windows were quite secure (especially having stripped the mechanism down on mine).
Hopefully yours will rebuild without too much expense. There really are a bunch of worthless shitwits in this world. Glad they didn’t get anything that was worth too much.

But what about the alarm?

And the doors should have been deadlocked . . . . So they shouldn't open.?

Unless they just lent though to steel stuff.?

But what about the alarm?

I’ve found on mine, that the volumetrics only really cover the cab. The rear of the van appears to be a blind spot for the ultrasonics: probably as the seats muffle the ultrasound to the rear. You can dance about in the back with the alarm on and it doesn’t trip.

In one way at least the slider being the weak point means they aren't trying to peal and steal or cutting holes in panels to get to the load area.

There are some gut wrenching pictures on the Facebook tool theft groups where vans have been written off by thieves totally wrecking vans to steal a few hundred pounds worth of tools.

You really cannot own anything of value in some parts of the country these days, thank god where I live this kind of thing very rarely happens.

Back