Sliding or fixed windows on camper?

Kwp0906

T6 Pro
I'm debating whether or not to fit a sliding window on the driver's side of my camper conversion or just go for a fixed one.

The thought is that with the front windows, scenic canvas pop top, sliding door and tailgate is there any need for extra ventilation? Van also has air con so no need to open when driving.

What are others thoughts, do those with a slider use it or those without miss it?

We have one in the drivers side over the hob. Allows steam straight out of the van when brewing up or cooking. I’d have one personally.

With all the stories that are on here of them leaking I’d personally give them a wide birth, just open the door or slider when cooking.

Its actually more of a day van, with a pop top (think ocean beach) so no cooking or kettle to need venting out. Just wondered what others day to day use was of the sliders?

We have one in the drivers side over the hob. Allows steam straight out of the van when brewing up or cooking. I’d have one personally.

I tend to use the opposite (left hand) sliding window as NWCC warned me that any water leaking in on the right hand side would destroy the fixed furniture board.
So far no problems with leaking windows that I’m aware of. At some point I plan to remove the sliding panes, clear the drain holes and lube the seals, preventive maintenance rather than a repair.

I’ve got sliders both sides. Purchase decent sliders to start with and they should be water tight. Mine are fine.
Note: Fitting an OS sliders makes fitting a Vanshades blind splash back a little challenging as it has to clear with opening mech, depending on the design. Having mine fitted by Pete @ VS’s this month..

It's the OE sliders that leak. I've had aftermarket ones on both camper conversions that I have had and have found them very useful. Not essential, just very useful.

I have sliders both sides, pod behind the drivers seat, window open to let steam from kettle out, use them both open and closed on most camping trips, great night ventilation or for selling ice creams from :rolleyes:, neither leak after being in a year, fitted at Lakeland Windscreens with a T6 Forum discount.

I have twin sliders both with sliding windows.
I’ve had both replaced under warranty as both leaked.
It’s the factory fitted ones that leak.
I often drive with the drives side open 1 or 2 notches with the front window down an inch.
It gives a great flow of fresh air through the van without blowing you to pieces.
I do have air con but prefer fresh air when I can.
I also use mine as a day van and with the passenger seat swivelled it gives great ventilation if parked up without the need to open the doors.
Plus my kids think it hilarious to order from a drive through.

Would only ever have sliders.

Been looking at side windows for my panel Van and I like the flush openers but they seem a pain to obtain and cost more than the camperglass ones.

Thinking of going fixed both sides. Im only doing a basic day van with ovano style bed in the rear

Does anyone regret having only fixed ones ?

We have fixed tinted windows both sides. I like the plain look. No regrets.
Cheers I'm leaning that way, I too prefer the look and I'm sure if we need ventilation at night I can drop the front windows slightly and vent the tailgate slightly.

There are flush fitting side windows due out from camperglass soon. I’ve been chasing them for a while.

Back