Windows and gas hobs

muttfunk

Do I need an opening window immediately above the gas hob burner,its a SWB and will have sliders behind the driver seat and on the sliding door so ventilation will be close but was planning on fixed windows on the rear side quarters where the hob will sit.Also anybody used the Just Campers sliding windows and how are they leak wise,Cheers

Do I need an opening window immediately above the gas hob burner,its a SWB and will have sliders behind the driver seat and on the sliding door so ventilation will be close but was planning on fixed windows on the rear side quarters where the hob will sit.Also anybody used the Just Campers sliding windows and how are they leak wise,Cheers
We have an opening window by the hob & open it when using the hob, primarily to let any steam out. Condensation is the enemy of small vans and you can't have too much ventilation.

Salads on rainy days with a gas hob, diesel hobs are a more practical solution.

I put fixed glass in mine, having very rarely opened the sliders in my old van.

Whenever I’m cooking/brewing up I have the poptop up, so open the big vent in the canvas.

I would certainly open the sliders in the front quarter if the sliding or rear door were closed,just unsure as to whether needed directly above the hob,if its just mainly for condensation and smell guess that should suffice,would only be occasional use as a fish n chip shop is route 1......

Burning gas creates more condensation and carbon monoxide
Yeah, I know. but compared to what comes from a kettle or boiling pasta/rice/spuds etc, it's minimal. A properly working gas appliance shouldn't produce any CO.

Back