Sliding Door Rubbing Against Side Panel And Wheel Arch

CarpyT6

Team Reflex Silver
T6 Guru
I've just noticed my carpet lining on the inside of my sliding door rubs against the side panel and wheel arch when opening. I tried adjusting the bottom 2x m8 spline bolts which helped a bit but still not quite enough. Is there anything else i can do? Thanks in advance

Excellant. i noticed mine is the same but wasnt sure if its supossed to have more fixings in the centre that havent been refitted ?
Self tappers is easier

Yea, it's like not enough fasteners are there to begin with. I don't think mine had any fixings accros the centre. 3 screws and 5 minutes later, problem solved. :D

Appreciate this is an ancient thread but I have the same issue on my T5. I plan on using pan head screws and cutting a small cross into the carpet. Do you think this will be enough to completely hide the screw heads or am I better off using standard philips head screws and trying to countersink them?

In the carpet cut 2 sides of a triangle with a countersunk screw hidden under the central area of the triangle

Reactions: alt
I had similar which turned out to be too much wadding in the door making the panel bow outward

Back