Power-Latching sliding-door problems

@Jayjmac - Those photos were taken of the van, before it went to the converters - I thought I may need to know where things were hidden in the future, after they covered them in carpet.
Now booked in on the 21st @ JCT 600, Sheffield for a potential Warranty Claim, been told I will have to pay £5.75 for a Covid 19 pre & post clean!!
It's booked in to be dropped off @0630hrs!! :eek:
Bet it doesn't do it when I go and try it at the dealers. I have still got it on video, though.
Mine, like yours hasn't misbehaved since.
I'll keep this thread updated, as & when.

@Jayjmac -
Now booked in on the 21st @ JCT 600, Sheffield for a potential Warranty Claim, been told I will have to pay £5.75 for a Covid 19 pre & post clean!!
I would argue with that. It is not by choice that you have to take your vehicle in for Warranty work and if there is a cost then that should be passed to VW warranty services (or whatever dept).
I have had to take my wifes Jag in for a warranty repair twice within the last week ( they needed parts). Both times it's been a contactless handover and pick up and the car has come back deep cleaned and spotless.
If it's no fault of your own, then you should not be out of pocket. Same with companies charging for courtesy vehicles when in for warranty work.
Outrageous!!!:mad:

Rant over.

PS.
Decided not to drink alcohol during the week this week. It's only day 1.:(

Oli @BognorMotors didnt charge me £5.75 and neither did my local VW garage. I think that takes the biscuit if I’m honest. bare cheek of it. :mad: Bet if you wanted to buy one the tune would change.

Oli @BognorMotors didnt charge me £5.75 and neither did my local VW garage. I think that takes the biscuit if I’m honest. bare cheek of it. :mad: Bet if you wanted to buy one the tune would change.

Sad thing is, it's the same garage that I spent all my hard earned money at 15 months ago, when we bought it brand new!!
They also implied that a cost could be charged, if no fault was found, but they had carried out an investigation.
I wonder if it stores a fault code in VCDS?
Luckily, I have it on video, that it doesn't always work
Been out tonight and, it worked every time. :rolleyes:
Maybe, I should be having words with them before I hand the keys over?

@Jayjmac @Lord Mfwic
Been to the Sheffield dealers today, arriving at silly o'clock (06:30hrs), due to them working split shifts (6-2 & 2-10) to allow for distance working.
A Master Tech was assigned and was on the case @ 0800hrs.
Plugged in his laptop & found numerous faults , logged when the conversion company did their stuff 15 months ago. All relating to battery low voltage, rear lights being removed and fuse boards being played with. Nothing to do with the NS door not power latching, though :cry:.
All faults wiped clean & nothing else now found or resurfaced.
He did say he had seen it before though, but not often!!! @Salty Spuds, I think he may have been referring to your similar tale?

To be fair, he has now sent me on my way home and he is ordering a new power door module to keep in stock, so when he does the next play around ,he will have the (suspected) part.
What he did say though, was that as I bought it as a panel van, Vw only allow them time to dismantle the original trim panel, not the converters panel.
The rogue module is tucked away in the nearside, above the rear wheel arch and there is no way of getting to it by any other means.
To help, next time I give them the T6, I will drop it off devoid of all the camping gear, presently stored, here, there & every where.
I have also talked to the original conversion company (AJC conversions, @ Glossop, nr Manchester) who have said that if any of the hidden, fir tree panel clips break or bend when dismantling, they will supply FOC some more and if I call in at any time, will re fit the panel correctly, if I am not happy at the refitting by Vw. Happy days!!!

It's booked back in for mid September, which is a date to suit me and when the same Master tech is back on shift.

Oh - and all the above investigation was FOC, not even a £5.75 charge for Covid 19 sanitisation, as the guy from the booking desk suggested last week!

Watch this space...

Yes it’s still go two years left on warranty.

I’ll have a closer look at the contacts. They may be dirty. It opens and closes fine it’s literally just that last bit when you close it and the motor kicks in to do the last bit for you. It’s a bit intermittent, kind of works when it wants.

thanks for the help.
I had the same problem with my edition but only on one of the sliding doors the other worked fine, I took it to VW and they couldn’t see any problems, they reckon!
They plugged it in and there were a few faults, reset them and to be honest it’s worked fine ever since.

I had the same problem with my edition but only on one of the sliding doors the other worked fine, I took it to VW and they couldn’t see any problems, they reckon!
They plugged it in and there were a few faults, reset them and to be honest it’s worked fine ever since.
Same with mine only the side door is playing up.. not sure I really want it taken back to VW just yet as it’s got the revo map on it :unsure:

Same with mine only the side door is playing up.. not sure I really want it taken back to VW just yet as it’s got the revo map on it :unsure:
How do you find the remap, I’m booked in with Absolut5 next month for a Pendle one.

Amazing! One of the best things I’ve done. I’ve got the 150. It’s not so much the speed it’s the torque between that dead range 4/5th on the motorway when you pull out and put your foot down and it used to doing nothing :D 3/4/5th it comes alive with a really smooth delivery! I’m sure Pendle is pretty similar.

It’s a decent bit quicker and doesn’t bottom out on the revs just keeps pulling.
Ignore anything about a better MPG... but I didn’t get the map not to put my foot down

Had further issues over the last few months but not had much chance to look at it. This time, O/S sliding door is doing nothing at all!! No lights on the dash button or sound of movement from the motor.
Hooked it up to VCDS today and no response from the module on this side. Checked the fuse and that’s fine. Any ideas other than faulty module?
Thanks

Had further issues over the last few months but not had much chance to look at it. This time, O/S sliding door is doing nothing at all!! No lights on the dash button or sound of movement from the motor.
Hooked it up to VCDS today and no response from the module on this side. Checked the fuse and that’s fine. Any ideas other than faulty module?
Thanks
Can you post full autoscan?

Reactions: mmi
@Jayjmac @Lord Mfwic @Salty Spuds

Since my last visit to JCT600 in Sheffield in July, the sometimes working, sometimes not working power latching has not improved, or even got worse, as it seems to do what it feels like and still with no apparent pattern.

So I drove to Sheffield yesterday @ 0800 to be told @ 0900 that 1 of the 2 parts needed had not been ordered.
To say I wasn't impressed was a slight understatement as they have had over 10 weeks to order the bloomin' bits... grrrrrr
I had booked the day off work as well.
I was offered a courtesy vehicle to drive home in, to leave mine with them overnight, but as they have had a number of break ins over the last week re the stealing of front swivels, I thought it was safer to drive home in Buster and return today @ 0700hrs.

Drove home and all was not lost as Mrs moomin-j cooked a lovely bacon butty with HP :p

Today, I arrived at the front gates @0645 & 2hrs later the Master Tech (Craig) had done his stuff and replaced the power module (located just above NSR wheelarch) with a new 1.
Craig also completed an electrical test / micro switch test and all was good, so the root cause is still a mystery, as the power latching was working ok throughout.
In order for him to do this, I had already taken off the camper van conversion side panel, as apparently with the T6 being bought originally as a panel van, then Vw do not give the dealers the time to take off anything that wasn't standard when purchased new.

All seems ok now, I suppose time will tell if the problem is fixed.

Has anyone got a part number for this? Or can someone point me in the right direction where I can get a new power module? Cheers

That part number shows a electric sliding door control module.. is that the same one as the power latching? Sorry if I’m being stupid here..

My doors latch fine. But my tailgate only does it about 50% of the time. Maybe I’ll pop down to VW and see what they say.

Back