Sliding door wont latch shut

JAC13

VIP Member
Evening all. I attempted to close my sliding door the other evening and it just would not latch on to the mech, it just rolled back. I took took the panel off and wiggled about with cables and the latch itself, and it eventually closed. Nothing was obstructing it. Its been OK since but don't want this happening when we're out and about and if its raining.
Also the rear barn door will sometimes be temperamental in opening, I pull the lever and there is no resistance, I have to slightly push forward for it to grab and then it opens. Anyone had this?

This happened to me not long after I got my van and I called VW Assist who changed some parts in the locking mechanism to sort it. It happened again about 6 months later but on that occasion I fiddled with the inside handle, pushed the button down and fiddled with the handle again and all was OK again. It's happened 2 or 3 times in the intervening 3 or so years and playing about with the interior handle and locking button has sorted it each time - sorry, but I can't remember the sequence but suggest you just have a play.

Back