GordyT6

Refrigeration Install Engineer
T6 Pro
I've just fitted some custom plug and play front component speakers. Supplied by Peter Preston at www.skiptoncarradio.com
Excellent little kit with VW plugs for door speakers, pre wired crossovers and tweeters, with plugs for the standard VW loom, and some soundeadening sheets to do both front doors.

Which ones did you go for and as there been much improvement?

He does a few options. Basically depends on how much you want to spend. I'm a bit skint after buying van so went for the cheaper end of things. I got the Pheonix Gold set, seem more decent build quality and has improved to sound. I think the sound deadening worked wonders tho. The new speakers defo handle the bass better but I don't know if your T6 is the same but my doors buzzed like hell when volume up even slightly higher. But now it's sweet as. No rattles at all. Give him a shout and say I mentioned him on hear and he'll look after you.

Yer he's super helpful. Been doing a good while too. Tell him I sent you via the t6 forum and he'll look after you

I've just fitted some custom plug and play front component speakers. Supplied by Peter Preston at www.skiptoncarradio.com
Excellent little kit with VW plugs for door speakers, pre wired crossovers and tweeters, with plugs for the standard VW loom, and some soundeadening sheets to do both front doors.
Cheers for the heads up, he's not too far from me either

Had some work done by Peter and his fellas last week (new front speakers, Shark fin aerial,and plylining and carpeting rear), all good quality work, just wish I'd have found him earlier.

Need to chat to him myself about rear speakers pods for mine

Peter (and Dave) at Skipton Car Radio get the thumbs up from me too! I went for the Phoenix gold too. Wasn't inclined to upgrade the head unit too. Being the cautious type, I thought I'd give my set up a few days to bed in and then post my opinion. We had a couple of issues......one of which was my doors leaked after the speaker upgrade. I'm not saying it was they're work......probably coincidence......but even so, Peter came out to my home to seal behind the speakers! He said he's seen it before so wasn't surprised. Time and heavy rain will be the judge of whether he's sorted it or not.......but for customer service, I'm giving them a solid ten out of ten!!!!!!!

Thats going above and beyond - customer service at its best :thumbsup:

It is Pauly......I offered the guy some money as a goodwill gesture........I can't say for sure that he'd caused the problem ( I strongly suspect not) for his 50 mile round trip.....he wouldn't hear of it! He's a good guy for sure!!!!!!

It is Pauly......I offered the guy some money as a goodwill gesture........I can't say for sure that he'd caused the problem ( I strongly suspect not) for his 50 mile round trip.....he wouldn't hear of it! He's a good guy for sure!!!!!!
If only VW had the same ethic for their customer services!

If only VW had the same ethic for their customer services!

Hmmmmm........from what I'm reading, VW KNOWS it's cornered the market in "premium" vans so doesn't need to try any more! When you consider the recent emissions scandal.....my god, they're arrogant!

Mates

Following on from what others have done, I ordered the Blam 8 inch kit from Skiptons the week before Easter. Called them prior to clarify the contents of the kit. Managed to get through on about the fourth attempt, and was told they were in stock. Ordered online, and had an acknowledgement by return saying the order was being processed.

Heard nothing last week, sent an email Thursday asking if they had a delivery date, didn't get a response. Sent further email this week asking the same. Had an email response back saying that Parcelforce delivery was attempted Tuesday 30/4 with a tracking number. Tracking number isn't recognised by Parcelforce website. No card or anything left at my address. Further email explaining this, and asking them to clarify and assist. Nothing back. Tried to call them several times yesterday and today. They have a pesky answerphone that doesn't take messages. Beginning to get slightly frustrated. Unrelated, my shiny new adjustable bushes (see thread in Suspension section) were delivered and signed for on Tuesday, as well as another pallet of non-T6 stuff.

They're clearly a small business, not a big online outfit, and have an actual business to run with fitting and projects too. I don't expect immediate responses, but am tiring slightly of all this chasing being fruitless. I'm in no super mad rush, and remember back in the day all mail order was 28 days for delivery ! I'm more annoyed by the lack of communication, or even being able to contact them, than not having the speakers yet.

Can anyone comment on their experience with Skipton ? I'm quite new round here, and don't want to start ranting, but am not really find the service acceptable.... On the other hand I've had nothing but faultless service and support from Amazon, but the Internet is full of people screaming the opposite...

Not sure what to do next at the moment...

Last edited:
I've just had a similar experience with them recently.. ordered the T6 micro amp kit online well over a month ago.

No reply to numerous emails and calls over the weeks.

Was just about to claim my money back from the bank when it arrived from them!!!!! No note or explanation or anything.

Odd because I had used them before last year and received a prompt service.

Others have rated them . . . . . . . . So I just put it down to low staff or holidays or something. Not good I know.......but I got my kit eventually.

On a side note . . . . . . Still waiting for my delivery from AutoBright detailing from bank holidays order...GRRRRRR!

If you like any audio advise. I am always around on here and many other forums.

We have supplied many audio kits, from headunits, speakers and full amp setups to hundreds of owners all round the Uk, and as far as Norway, jersey, Monaco,Poland and many others

I got quite a few bits for my bus from Skipton last year, delivery was a little slow and the multiplug was quite nasty/iffy, but it did all work and sounded far better than stock.

They've obviously bitten off a bit more than they can chew and I know they are in the process of taking on a new unit. Not that this excuses the poor delivery times and lack of responses.

@Absolut5 your work is the pinnacle that others aspire to, but Peter is very proactive on Facebook with his plug/play kits, people tend to be impulsive, they see a DIY kit and boom it's ordered. I'm aware you don't like to go down that route and obviously your business is very successful without constantly posting up various kits for sale, but I think you're missing a trick, get some kits listed on your website/FB with prices and give us DIY'ers an alternative to the likes of Skipton.

Back