Side-window curtain recommendations

A word of caution when fitting the bottom rails of the Kiravans or infact any of the other brands. I have the Kiravan's curtains fitted a couple of years now, and have just noticed that a little bit of rust is appearing from under the rails by the screw holes. Not Kiravans fault obviously, but the bloody VW leaking windows. I will be re-fitting the said rails after first applying some rust proofing to the screw holes.

The van style curtains arrived this morning (omtec?)
For the money (£58 ish for 2 x sliding door sets) they look ok but won’t be fitting them for a couple days. Only down side no instructions but pretty sure I can figure it out

A word of caution when fitting the bottom rails of the Kiravans or infact any of the other brands. I have the Kiravan's curtains fitted a couple of years now, and have just noticed that a little bit of rust is appearing from under the rails by the screw holes. Not Kiravans fault obviously, but the bloody VW leaking windows. I will be re-fitting the said rails after first applying some rust proofing to the screw holes.
Thanks, noted, I should probably stick some rust inhibitor in the holes

Quick update....fitted the curtains from Vanstyle with relative ease. they are branded Omtec and look like the same ones Veedub transporters sell looking at their how to video.

Plenty dark enough when pulled but then it was getting dark outside already when I started.

Whilst the rails were shaped they weren’t quite the same radius but I can live with this, they were also pre-drilled. Needed to take a nubbin off the end caps so they fitted inside the rail better and I’ll maybe spray a puff of silicone spray or polish in the rail another day just to help them slide.

So 2 sets of sliding door curtains at a total of £58.18 all, can’t be bad!

0938A77B-B1ED-428E-ADE2-768184886F8B.jpeg

EAD5534B-051E-42C9-8EC5-56CACA51DD99.jpeg

C8FB4A5D-14E9-40C9-9B4B-EAF8E0A6B460.jpeg

i have used vanx in the past with my t4, think its better to shape the rails yourself, will be fitting them to inner sliding door panel and tailgate panel then to metal on n/s quarter window, they are defo total black out but will discolour with the sun as the years pass.

Have you all seen the window pods from vanshades? It is a concertina black out blind- but built like a whole cassette that is fitted to the window. Tidier than curtain rails imho.

Have you all seen the window pods from vanshades? It is a concertina black out blind- but built like a whole cassette that is fitted to the window. Tidier than curtain rails imho.

I do like those and my parents have something similar in another type of van conversation.
The curtains are only really for when we’re moving, I figure they are cheap enough if they do get trashed to replace them is relatively cheap.

Evening all, had my 2015 T6 Treadline a week and I’m after some fitted curtains, any advice or links to a recommended supplier would be much appreciated

We have Kiravans blackout curtains in our camper. Very happy with them.

Pete

Have a look at van-tech, I’m pleased with the ones I bought. Which ever ones you buy expect to have to tweak the rails a bit
2C40D9F7-96E3-49A8-B08B-6DF09399550D.png

I’m after black blackout curtains and rails/fitting. Doesn’t seem to be such a thing that I can find. Anyone have any fitted and suggest where have them for sale. Preferably pre moulded to fit but generally just decent well fitted blackout curtains. Cheers

I think kiravans do them and they have a youtube vid showing how to fit them. I've not got them, so not a plug. :) Just FYI

Back