Side Bars What's the Point ?

That has to be a dodgy batch.
Ok mine are 6 months old, but I've done 15000 miles and a very hard winter and mine are still perfect.
/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're probably right @Tourershine but I've found them a pain in the backside to clean and I don't think I need them since I lowered the van. I probably would've been better going with chrome T6 Sportline ones (but I've decided to go without now)

Yeah, you're probably right @Tourershine but I've found them a pain in the backside to clean and I don't think I need them since I lowered the van. I probably would've been better going with chrome T6 Sportline ones (but I've decided to go without now)

The trick is to get a coat of wax/polish on the bars, then they just wash off and wipe dry with no issues.

These are mine after 16 months utter crap and cost a fortune they won’t be going back on the new velle that’s for sure! Waiting for the dealer to get back to me if they’re going to be replaced under warranty.
Have been told not to hold my breath as they’ll say stone chip damage :(
DE414301-59FA-429A-A616-E77BC4E4924C.jpeg 131C1B19-A45A-4F5A-8FAE-C12A1CAF1C64.jpeg

These are mine after 16 months utter crap and cost a fortune they won’t be going back on the new velle that’s for sure! Waiting for the dealer to get back to me if they’re going to be replaced under warranty.
Have been told not to hold my breath as they’ll say stone chip damage :(
View attachment 21669 View attachment 21670

Wow, that's shocking. I'd be very annoyed if mine looked like that because like you say, they are not cheap.

Yeah and I am very ocd at keeping my van clean and waxed!

Out of interest, did you have mud flaps on the van? I have front ones, and yeah there's a tiny amount of peppering, behind the front flap, but the rear has no damage at all.

Out of interest, did you have mud flaps on the van? I have front ones, and yeah there's a tiny amount of peppering, behind the front flap, but the rear has no damage at all.

I have seen most supplies recommend on black side bars that a mud flap is to be fitted

I still have not chosen side bars, but seeing that its chrome & powder coated for me or side skirts ?

I fitted front flaps (to protect the bars) but it's the rears that are rusting!

I had black powder-coated bars fitted at new. Less than 12 months on and they're already going rusty. Took them off and waiting to hear from the dealer. I've told them I'm not refitting as they'll just go again. The dealer also butchered the floor pans to fit them, causing both sides to split and break over winter!!

They are also a massive pain to keep clean!!

Just removed my Swiss vans rusty stainless side bars and brackets today gone in the same place as yours , have been on the van since September 2016 but shouldn't go like that.
Will be pinging a email across to them about the 2 year warranty on there after market parts, replaced with original vw puddle light ones

Just removed my Swiss vans rusty stainless side bars and brackets today gone in the same place as yours , have been on the van since September 2016 but shouldn't go like that.
Will be pinging a email across to them about the 2 year warranty on there after market parts, replaced with original vw puddle light ones

Rubbish eh? I'm not replacing mine - the van looks good enough without!

Might be a silly question but I'm genuinely interested do they have a practical function or is it purely a cosmetic addition.

Might be a silly question but I'm genuinely interested do they have a practical function or is it purely a cosmetic addition.
I would say more cosmetic than functional...I've got round ones with a so called 'step' on them where the doors are but not really big enough...toying with taking them off. If you do need to look under the van for some reason, maybe roadside, you can't lol as its too narrow a gap to crawl under. Suppose it has its benefits re anyone looking to nick summit!o_O

Back