(Side Assist) / (Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert) retrofit

Hello everyone :)

For a long time I was thinking about retrofitting Side Assist to my car (not VW T6 but Skoda Kodiaq) side assist system.
I was gathering tons of information from multiple forums and ofc read carefully whole this topic (thank You Robert!)

Finally I have decided to start the process.
During retrofitting process I was struggling with multiple issues (parts compatibility, disassembling & assembling car parts, wiring, datasets/parametrization compatibility, coding etc.)

All finally was fixed, except one thing.
My radars are newer 2Q0907686B & 2Q0907685B from different car (Skoda Superb 3V)

After I have connected them to my Kodiaq (2019) and after I have done all the components coding system started to work (I was surprised that I didn't have to change dataset/parametrization)
It was working fine for I while but after few days I have received an error "Automatic calibration not possible" C1115F0 on both modules (not in the same time)
I have also noticed that Dynamic angle offset lane change assist. 1 & 2 values are increasing (module 1 is currently 7,65deg and module 2 is -8,54deg)
There are ofc Static angle offset lane change assist. 1 & 2 values that are both 10,24%

I assume that my problem is that Skoda Superb has different Static value than Kodiaq and that is why my Dynamic value are driffting trying to compensate the static value and after reaching more that -5/+5 deg (some sites are saying that it is even 6 or 7 deg) it is returning error.

Probably static calibration could be a solution but does uploading propper dataset/parametrization for Kodiaq will also set those angles so I will not have to make static calibration?

Hello everyone :)

For a long time I was thinking about retrofitting Side Assist to my car (not VW T6 but Skoda Kodiaq) side assist system.
I was gathering tons of information from multiple forums and ofc read carefully whole this topic (thank You Robert!)

Finally I have decided to start the process.
During retrofitting process I was struggling with multiple issues (parts compatibility, disassembling & assembling car parts, wiring, datasets/parametrization compatibility, coding etc.)

All finally was fixed, except one thing.
My radars are newer 2Q0907686B & 2Q0907685B from different car (Skoda Superb 3V)

After I have connected them to my Kodiaq (2019) and after I have done all the components coding system started to work (I was surprised that I didn't have to change dataset/parametrization)
It was working fine for I while but after few days I have received an error "Automatic calibration not possible" C1115F0 on both modules (not in the same time)
I have also noticed that Dynamic angle offset lane change assist. 1 & 2 values are increasing (module 1 is currently 7,65deg and module 2 is -8,54deg)
There are ofc Static angle offset lane change assist. 1 & 2 values that are both 10,24%

I assume that my problem is that Skoda Superb has different Static value than Kodiaq and that is why my Dynamic value are driffting trying to compensate the static value and after reaching more that -5/+5 deg (some sites are saying that it is even 6 or 7 deg) it is returning error.

Probably static calibration could be a solution but does uploading propper dataset/parametrization for Kodiaq will also set those angles so I will not have to make static calibration?
Usually, all blocks require calibration after loading the dataset! I think Side assist radars will be no exception!

Usually, all blocks require calibration after loading the dataset! I think Side assist radars will be no exception!
It could be true but dynamic calibration is also type of calibration

It is even mentioned in official kodiaq documentation (pic attached) - ofc there is magic "usually" but still...

When authorized vag service got bunch of ie. 2q0 radars on stock they are tailored for specific model in advance? I doubt... Imho they are uploading basic configuration and then service guy have that entry in manual about usual dynamic calibration so by dafult they are not making static

This is ofc my speculation. Everyone here that successfuly made side assist retrofit had radars from T6?

Robert posted that he was uploading dataset so I assume it was from different model/brand.
Later on he was saying only about dynamic calibration

Since chassis of cars models differs then basic angles for site assist also should be different. Datasets or parameters contains those angles?

Screenshot_20240220_183216_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone here that successfuly made side assist retrofit had radars from T6?

2Q0 radars from T-Roc. Had to parametrize with MB12_VW32 dataset as mentioned earlier in thread by @Robert but no calibration needed, autocalibration did it’s thing.

Maybe put some washers under the brackets to slightly change the angles and see if you can get autocalibration happy that way?

It could be true but dynamic calibration is also type of calibration

It is even mentioned in official kodiaq documentation (pic attached) - ofc there is magic "usually" but still...

When authorized vag service got bunch of ie. 2q0 radars on stock they are tailored for specific model in advance? I doubt... Imho they are uploading basic configuration and then service guy have that entry in manual about usual dynamic calibration so by dafult they are not making static

This is ofc my speculation. Everyone here that successfuly made side assist retrofit had radars from T6?

Robert posted that he was uploading dataset so I assume it was from different model/brand.
Later on he was saying only about dynamic calibration

Since chassis of cars models differs then basic angles for site assist also should be different. Datasets or parameters contains those angles?

View attachment 230346
When ordering from a dealer using the last letters of the mink, after the main digits, there is a letter “Z” and two digits, in my opinion this is exactly the number of the data block that was uploaded

It might look like 2q090686B z00 or 2Q0.... 86b z02
Here is camparansion between radar successfully retrofitted to kodiaq on russian forum and my radar
Only software version is different (0150 vs 0149)

In terms of washers suggested by n10n - I was thinking about it ;)
Only problem is that I will need to remove rear bumper multiple times ;)

dev.png

Here is camparansion between radar successfully retrofitted to kodiaq on russian forum and my radar

View attachment 230352
When comparing the labels on the parts, it is not possible to identify the number of the data set!

View attachment 230352
The software version on Drive2. Ru is slightly higher than yours!

Thank You in advance! :)

Here are kodiaq 2q0* retrofit topics:

Pre-lift (as my)

Post-lift (have diferent mounting bracket)

Here is also interesting topic that tels about calibration and parameters
It points diferent for Superb (my radars) and Kodiaq (my car):

I've read a lot of good materials, but not one person has written about static calibration, so I don't think you'll need it either.

Strangely, everyone writes that these radars do not accept datasets in XML format, only ZIP (provided ODIS is used)

does uploading propper dataset/parametrization for Kodiaq will also set those angles so I will not have to make static calibration?
I don’t know but it does sound exactly like a thing that could be in dataset as the same radars are used in many models. If you have VCP at hand why not give it a go?

I don’t know but it does sound exactly like a thing that could be in dataset as the same radars are used in many models. If you have VCP at hand why not give it a go?
The problem is that I only have obdeleven pro.
Since I don't have VCP/ODIS I have to pay for that.

After many calls the cheapest option that I have found is about 70EUR for uploading dataset/parameters.

Another option is cheapest static calibration that I have found for 150EUR that will take about 4h and it is 60km outside my city (Warsaw, Poland)

I need to pick one and I want to be sure that it will be properly spended money and this will solve my issue.

If I will decide to make a calibration I dont want to stuck with situation that current dataset/params are wrong and it will failed (and then I will need to find guy that will upload proper one and then go back to guy that calibrating and probably repay him)

Second scenario (uploading dataset/params 1st) could be an option but it is strange for me that system was working fine for some time (most ppl having wrong dataset are reporting specific type of errors)

Till this moment I have done everything by my self (full research, parts picking, wiring, coding/adaptation) and I have partially completed this process, with even temporary success, relatively cheap (about 260eur for all parts). I want to avoid a situation that this final datasets/param/calibration costs will exceed those incurred so far

Last edited:
it is strange for me that system was working fine for some time (most ppl having wrong dataset are reporting specific type of errors

True. Probably, without knowing what exactly is in the datasets, this would be because vehicle hardware actually is different enough - for example EPB, ACC etc. *Might* be in this case hardware is close enough to not cause errors but still have a difference in angles.

Silly thought but are you sure you installed the modules on the correct sides? Probably this would throw errors though.

Disclaimer: I haven't investigated further, I don't know if this works and how but seems Кодирование автомобилей VAG - Редактор параметрий might provide a way to look into parameter files

True. Probably, without knowing what exactly is in the datasets, this would be because vehicle hardware actually is different enough - for example EPB, ACC etc. *Might* be in this case hardware is close enough to not cause errors but still have a difference in angles.

Silly thought but are you sure you installed the modules on the correct sides? Probably this would throw errors though.

Disclaimer: I haven't investigated further, I don't know if this works and how but seems Кодирование автомобилей VAG - Редактор параметрий might provide a way to look into parameter files
Yes, i think that they are mounted right (plugs to the outside, radar with 6 "master" on passenger side)

Screenshot_20240221_085209_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240221_085234_Gallery.jpg

Strangely, everyone writes that these radars do not accept datasets in XML format, only ZIP (provided ODIS is used)
I haven't verified ODIS yet, but VCP uploads dataset to 2Q0 radars via standard flashing procedure (the same way as the firmware flashing).

Ok, one more question, maybe stupid ;)
Where can I find places from where i can download xmls with parameters?

With odis, you need official online access. What about vcp? They are provided with vcp software?

There are ofc pages like this bellow:

There are params for kodiaq with 2q0 radars, but not for superb.

I ofc dont have vcp or odis but if I think correct, since radars are working in my kodiaq with superb parameters difference between them must be minor.

In obdeleven is a feature eeprom to manually modify params (ofc got its limitations)

If I could compare those params in xmls maybe I could:
1) read few random bytes from eeprom and compare them with superb xml (so I will know that data in xml and my overall concept are correct)
2) if verification from pt. 1 will succeed then I could compare those kodiaq and superb files in notepad++, find the differences, manually calculate crc and edit value with checksum using obdeleven

I assume that this process could, if messed up, brick my radars, right?

Last edited:
Thanks all for help.
Probably next week I will go to a guy that will upload new parameters for a fee.
After that I will post here an info with new base angles (in opposition to current 10,24 deg) from live view data right after the process.
Maybe someone will use that knowledge in the future

Back