KombiKommando

Dogger
T6 Guru
I love the old Syncro vans. Lifted and with A/T tyres on.... the look of the 'Rockton' and 'MultiCamper' T6 vans really appeal to me and are much more suitable for my needs in a campervan.

My conversion is pretty much done ( I will put a load more pictures up in my converion post....) and I have gone down the Swamper route in terms of styling. Has anyone else done this as I don't see many on here....... :thumbsup:

I have some A/Ts on mine but.... i am still going to lower it. I know that seems daft but it will still be able to go across rough stuff & will fit in car parks.
I dont want to offroad it properly,just get to the best fishing spots.

I love the old Syncro vans. Lifted and with A/T tyres on.... the look of the 'Rockton' and 'MultiCamper' T6 vans really appeal to me and are much more suitable for my needs in a campervan.

My conversion is pretty much done ( I will put a load more pictures up in my converion post....) and I have gone down the Swamper route in terms of styling. Has anyone else done this as I don't see many on here....... :thumbsup:
We have a LWB 4motion conversion with VB air c/w with the off-road 30mm raising kit. It's on the stock tyres at the mo. I've a set of steel wheels that I'm going to put some Nokian winter tyres on for our winter skiing trips. I'll look at some more aggressive tyres for "normal" use when the originals have worn.

to be honest its the route I would have gone down if I'd researched properly before getting mine.

By the time I was really aware of "Transporter Swampers" I'd already spent money on Splitters, Lowering and 10" wheels.

Maybe something I'll do to this one still in a few years time though

CBFAD19D-992F-4870-976C-4C29CC78145D.png I have a 4motion and I am looking to put mud plugging wheels and tyres on for the winter like any one got these and how are they ?
Thanks
John

I like that :)
Though they have used a bit of artistic licence on that side shot, distorting the image so it looks more sloped and streamlined looking, given away by the oval wheels

First anniversary of having a T6 in my life, looks a little different to the day I picked it up, complete with wonky rear number plate, and my wallet has most definitely taken a severe hammering...………. Also on first name terms with a number of courier drivers. Worth it though and mostly been good fun doing the mods.

20190129_104606.jpg 20190203_144808.jpg 20200201_122325.jpg 20200201_122339.jpg

That’s quite a transformation and a sweet looking swamper! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks mate, swamper look not for everyone, but I guess there is still a little of my defender days lurking in the background somewhere. T6 so much better for 99.9% of what I need.

Iv gone AT tyres and wheel arches plus bull bar. Protects the van from the Mrs :whistle:

(Its ok shes out shopping )
Apart from hitting the rear bumper into a post and taking a wall down with the van side it's all been fine do far o_O:cry::cry:

My tyre lettering is black, do like it in white though. Might have to get the marker out :thumbsup:

Has anyone come across coloured mud flaps for the T6? I know it may sound a bit mad, but with A/T tyres and some colour on the grille now (orange) I'd love to echo that in the mud flaps!! Could fit rally flaps cut down to size I suppose but I'd like to use the factory fittings. Anyone done anything like this? I guess the van is getting closer to a swamper look now without going all the way just yet! Thanks for any help or advice. :thumbsup:

Has anyone come across coloured mud flaps for the T6? I know it may sound a bit mad, but with A/T tyres and some colour on the grille now (orange) I'd love to echo that in the mud flaps!! Could fit rally flaps cut down to size I suppose but I'd like to use the factory fittings. Anyone done anything like this? I guess the van is getting closer to a swamper look now without going all the way just yet! Thanks for any help or advice. :thumbsup:

There are several sets available from the OEM, which look good at the front but for whatever reason are six inches back from the rear arch to some fitted aftermarket ones or even some universal ones. I got a set of universal one from ebay which are ok and stick out an inch or so from the arches but are quite stiff cheap plastic. They work and keep the side from getting filthy but I don't think they'll last very long. I think for what you're after you'd have to adapt some rally style mud flaps. I've been looking at the Britpart mudflaps, designed for Landrovers but with half a dozen short self tapping screws I think you'd be able to get them to fit, not sure about colours although the one I was looking at had yellow lettering on them.

There are several sets available from the OEM, which look good at the front but for whatever reason are six inches back from the rear arch to some fitted aftermarket ones or even some universal ones. I got a set of universal one from ebay which are ok and stick out an inch or so from the arches but are quite stiff cheap plastic. They work and keep the side from getting filthy but I don't think they'll last very long. I think for what you're after you'd have to adapt some rally style mud flaps. I've been looking at the Britpart mudflaps, designed for Landrovers but with half a dozen short self tapping screws I think you'd be able to get them to fit, not sure about colours although the one I was looking at had yellow lettering on them.

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm thinking may be the best option if I decide to go down that route. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

@Loz
Didnt see your van at the weekend but Vandam said you had some extra side and rear protectors added to your swamp look. Can you post some pics.

Back