Show Us Your Mountain Bikes :)

I've really fallen out of love with my bike, I did circa 1200 miles last year, 2500 the year before, but I've only done about 30 this year.

I must try and find some motivation as my bike was quite expensive so it's a waste of money and I'm getting very chubby again through lack of use.

Might fire up the beast today and give it a spin after work.

@Insert Coin .... how about hitting steep gnarly Downhill / Enduro tech tracks and getting the buzz from that rather than mileage ? :D

Do an uplift day at Forest of Dean or Bike Park Wales could be a good start to get you hooked again

Last edited:
@Insert Coin .... how about hitting steep gnarly Downhill / Enduro tech tracks and getting the buzz from that rather than mileage ? :D

Do an uplift day at Forest of Dean or Bike Park Wales could be a good start to get you hooked again

I ended up doing 4 miles with my daughter, it was the prep work that took the time. Empty Stan's from tyres and put in fresh, pump up the shocks, oil the chain and then pump up her tyres etc.

I'm ready to go for next weekend though, nothing narly though, I have zero skills, purely ride for fitness.

I don't know why but tan sidewalls just don't do it for me generally, although one of my mates wife has them on her fatbike and they do look very cool with the rest of the colour scheme. Perhaps I am getting slightly converted. Different strokes for different folks!

@Shredder I also definitely focus on climbing/descending metres and gnar rather than distance. According to Strava I've done just short of 55,000 vertical metres so far this year :cool: . Last weekend was probably the last big mountain day of the year for me, with some 'interesting' conditions

ORG_DSC02331.JPG

I ended up doing 4 miles with my daughter, it was the prep work that took the time. Empty Stan's from tyres and put in fresh, pump up the shocks, oil the chain and then pump up her tyres etc.

I'm ready to go for next weekend though, nothing narly though, I have zero skills, purely ride for fitness.

Yeah, good maintenance and repairs are an ongoing exercise. Both rotors and mech hanger in the last crash :speechless:

Getting the "skills" is the fun part dude ..... that could be what gets you back into loving it again

View attachment 31920 @Captain Mainwaring ..... that looks nicely off-piste. I think that type of riding is called 'Trekking' ?? Your back pack doesn't look big enough to be carrying enough spares out there :D

I admit 95% of my climbing vert per year is on a chairlift / uplift :laugh::laugh: I'm a descent purist .... gravity fraternity only :cool:
View attachment 31921
@Shredder Steeper than it looks. I would call it free ride - we are heading for the car park you can see in the middle of the picture so that's about 500m descent in 2km. Its my mate you can see as I took the photo and we don't really need big packs as its only an hour from my house.

Your pic looks pretty sketchy, but you need to earn those turns to keep fit :). Only uplift for me is in the Alps but even then we averaged over 600m a day climbing on the bike

Bike looks awesome mate.

I used to spit at the ground whever an ebiker blasted past me on a long climb, but the more I see them, the more I'm starting to get it.[/QUOTE]

Bike looks awesome mate.

I used to spit at the ground whever an ebiker blasted past me on a long climb, but the more I see them, the more I'm starting to get it.

I had one on loan for a weekend to try it out. It was a right laugh and I actually really liked it. The problem is my mates won't buy one, so being the only person in our group with one hasn't been an option I'd consider yet.

Reactions: .50
We're seeing more and more especially at non uplift bike parks.
The guys on them are smashing so many more runs in not having to push back up.

I do believe ebikes and non ebikes are a separate entity that share the same trial space, and as you say Mr T, one guy riding an ebike with a group of mates without ebikes, isn't going feel as much fun.

Back