Show Us Your Mountain Bikes :)

2yKpInv.jpg

Spec Levo '18 which is my goto bike these days.

tPZSM1N.jpg

Focus Jam C Lite for when I am feeling energetic
WHWK9zQ.jpg

My first proper MTB Giant NRS T Mobile from '05

Not "lazy" .... just an easier way to the top for the Descender's among us when the chairlifts are closed and there's no uplift service ;)

It's not like they peddle themselves but for sure it makes ascending much easier depending on the amount of assistance you have and what mode your in. In general I find I tend to go further and longer when on the e-bike v's the manual and it is very capable on downhill as well. Do tend to attract a lot of negative comments from die hard MTB'rs but then again everyone derided full suspension when it came out. I guess people just don't like change.

I'm all for it. Tried one. When the lifts are closed ..... smugly pedal up the fire road and still feel fresh for a gnarly descent. The Kenevo is where it's at :
. :cool:
. :cool:
DSC3193.jpg

I have a 2019 Levo Expert on order, the one in the picture is the Wife's which I get to use when she isn't using it. Rest of the time I get to chase her on my Focus, downhill is easy but uphill and she's gone :(

Nice bike btw, do like the Kenevo but i'm a sucker for carbon fibre :)

HaHa .... I'm with you on that as well :D :thumbsup:

Everything carbon except forks and pedals. Total weight, 27.1lbs with the pedals for 170mm travel front and back ... insane !!

20180606_180303.jpg

It's not like they peddle themselves but for sure it makes ascending much easier depending on the amount of assistance you have and what mode your in. In general I find I tend to go further and longer when on the e-bike v's the manual and it is very capable on downhill as well. Do tend to attract a lot of negative comments from die hard MTB'rs but then again everyone derided full suspension when it came out. I guess people just don't like change.

What did you go for looking at a Trek P7 at the mo.

Update, I should have read above. Mine will be both for a commute and hill riding down south. So looking at a hardtail

I have ordered a 2019 Specialized Turbo Levo Expert. I did look at a number of others but I still think Spec have the best integration, smoothest and tuneable power delivery and customer support.
I like that they have developed their own motor in conjunction with Brose rather than just bolting in an off the shelf motor form Shimano or Bosche.
Plus, the 2018 we already have is pretty good so the 2019 should be a step further along.

Specialized do a hard tail Levo.
Men's Turbo Levo Hardtail 29 | Specialized.com

Anyone who dismisses ebikes as somehow not mountain biking has their head up their backside. They are not for everybody but are a great innovation, will get more people into MTBing, and I will definitely be getting one in the next couple of years as my second bike. The people I know who have ridden them all make the point that you work just as hard, but you go twice as far in the same amount of time. The guy who runs the guiding company in the Alps I was with a couple of weeks ago now uses one for sussing out new trails.

One problem with them is that they are too heavy to hike a bike, and are a challenge to even get over a deer fence. The other problem I see is that in some areas there will be a lot more conflicts between walkers and less experienced riders on ebikes charging round dual use paths

Gratuitous picture of my bike in the Italian Alps a couple of weeks ago

fullsizeoutput_2ca.jpeg

Back