Show Us Your Motorbikes

True, remember Birkett well, schoolmate of mine was pretty good as well, Nick Shields, they used to clean everything up and have some tasty battles in the process

Ah yeah, I've heard of him.

Nige is still going well, still rides in local trials. He's a scorpa dealer now, sponsors a few riders too.

Yes saw him a few months back and still mixing it with the experts, great rider and ambassador for the sport

Amazing riding in the Black Forest, shame it’s a 2 day ride home in the van. Next time I’ll put the bike in the van.

Last trip on a 1200gs, I swap it for a 850gs adventure in 2 weeks.

A14AE3C4-28BB-45A6-A4CB-0A2928ECCC1D.jpeg 89ED2944-D307-4646-B6DE-0741EEE5A252.jpeg

After a successful trip back from south of the wall to Castle Donkey with the new foal, yours truly had a brainwave:rolleyes:. The T6 had really been Mr Donkey's project, hobby and considerable financial drain. So wouldn't it be a good idea for the Vespa to be Mrs Donkey's responsibility:thumbsup:. She could learn all about how it works, how to feed and water it and she could be responsible for its modification. Initial response was.....silence. (Er, treading carefully from here on in).:whistle:

However, shortly thereafter, 'I want the top box off'.
'Em, are you sure?' said I:oops:.
'Yes':cautious:.
'I want the fly screen off'.'
'Em, are you your sure your sure?'
'Yes, get it naked':cautious:.
(Wey hey:geek:).
'I want a gold leopard print wrap'.
:eek:
'NO YOU BLOODEEEEEEY WELL CANT!!!'
:cry:

(Isn't it funny how you can suddenly go right off some people).

FB_IMG_1559044892630.jpg

Last edited:
FB1AD791-ED1A-4C7E-B52F-497D27706576.jpeg D219EF44-74E8-4B4B-849B-347E215EC415.jpeg
Swapped my 1200gsA for a new 850gsA today.
I like the new engine with the variable valve lift, it feels as powerful as the 1200.
Seat is high and I’m on tiptoes and I’m 6’1”, screen is useless.

View attachment 45058 View attachment 45059
Swapped my 1200gsA for a new 850gsA today.
I like the new engine with the variable valve lift, it feels as powerful as the 1200.
Seat is high and I’m on tiptoes and I’m 6’1”, screen is useless.

Thats a coincidence, I was in the dealers on Saturday, asked them for a trade in price for my 1200 Rallye agains the 850Rallye. Plan on a test ride soon.

Very nice, how do you find it for trail riding weight wise

Three of the lads I trail ride with, have all got 690s now.

All of them moved from WR250Fs as there's a bit of road work to connect all of the trails in the Lakes so they rate them for that. They dont seem to mind the extra weight as I think they're too busy enjoying the extra grunt!

They all have felt the need for steering dampers to help the handling though!

20170709_184654.jpg

:) 3 beauties, whereabouts do you ride in the Lakes, I'm near Kendal and would love to hit some trails on mine. Back in the 80's you could ride almost anywhere but guessing very restricted now

:) 3 beauties, whereabouts do you ride in the Lakes, I'm near Kendal and would love to hit some trails on mine. Back in the 80's you could ride almost anywhere but guessing very restricted now

Most of our ride outs start with the green lanes at Broughton, Gawthwaite or Bouth as we're all based that area. Some good lanes about Kendal direction though, Stile end - sadgil, gatesgarth pass, breasthigh road.

Theres still a good amount of green lanes open in the Lakes, just more road work needed recently to connect them all up!

The NERC bill in 2005 killed off a lot of the really good lanes.....sadly. :thumbsdown:

Most of our ride outs start with the green lanes at Broughton, Gawthwaite or Bouth as we're all based that area. Some good lanes about Kendal direction though, Stile end - sadgil, gatesgarth pass, breasthigh road.

Theres still a good amount of green lanes open in the Lakes, just more road work needed recently to connect them all up!

The NERC bill in 2005 killed off a lot of the really good lanes.....sadly. :thumbsdown:

Been out of the game for a while now, a few friends of freinds used to ride around the Lakes but more difficult as time passed. You never know we might meet one day out on the battlefield, whenever I passed Broughton always called into Birkett bike shop, lovely little village

Back