Show Us Your Motorbikes

This was how my gixer & me ended up 1 month after I bought it, off at 85 (on a private road) still managed to fix it after I got out of hosp and off crutches.. had it 5yra after that

D845A85A-5AD7-4042-8465-39A1DEEAD497.jpeg

3F305E48-9C29-4D5B-B1E5-073DC5A3116E.jpeg

This was how my gixer & me ended up 1 month after I bought it, off at 85 (on a private road) still managed to fix it after I got out of hosp and off crutches.. had it 5yra after that

View attachment 49793

View attachment 49794
Glad you got away with it. I came off once, then had lots of close calls, lots of bikes having crashes in my vicinity, and scooping up lots with work. Stopped me riding but will never extinguish the motorcycle flame.

I rarely ride on the road nowdays.
Never enough time in the day with a couple of kids. I do make an effort to get some track time in though.
Run off areas. Everyone goings the same way and an ambulance on standby. Just in case.
Track days are probably the best thing ever on a bike.

I rarely ride on the road nowdays.
Never enough time in the day with a couple of kids. I do make an effort to get some track time in though.
Run off areas. Everyone goings the same way and an ambulance on standby. Just in case.
Track days are probably the best thing ever on a bike.
Totally agree. Only ever been on a track once, and that was Ron Haslam Race School at Donnington Park. Knee down on the Melbourne Loop is a bit of a special feeling. Always said to myself if I could afford it i’d buy a track day bike; unfortunately the kids then arrived and their sailing antics took over my wallet and time.

At least you walked/hobbled away.
Bike can be fixed easy.....people not so easy.
Glad to see it didn't put you off.

Well was carted away, leg broken 3 places, smashed ankle, broken shoulder, broken collar bone, 3 broken ribs, broken wrist..... and i lost my mars bar i used to have under the seat!!

Glad you got away with it. I came off once, then had lots of close calls, lots of bikes having crashes in my vicinity, and scooping up lots with work. Stopped me riding but will never extinguish the motorcycle flame.

After my off it made me lose confidence for some years, and i rode every day, since then i went to the california superbike school for level 1 and 2, best thing i ever done, although my skills and knowledge have vastly improved, it's always there with you

That looks like quite a big involuntary tactical dismount. Glad you are ok.

I used to do a lot of track days. Stopped a couple of years ago because the atmosphere was changing. Too many people who were turning up for their first day with 1000cc track bikes, warmers, slicks etc. It got to a point that every sessions was being red flagged on most days.

Gave up and sold the bike.

DSC_0759.JPG

Well was carted away, leg broken 3 places, smashed ankle, broken shoulder, broken collar bone, 3 broken ribs, broken wrist..... and i lost my mars bar i used to have under the seat!!

After my off it made me lose confidence for some years, and i rode every day, since then i went to the california superbike school for level 1 and 2, best thing i ever done, although my skills and knowledge have vastly improved, it's always there with you

I would have been proper peed off too if I'd lost my mars bar.
Seems you were a lucky boy.

Got knocked off my bike whilst stationary by a mate outside a bike shop. For some strange reason he thought that he would get on his bike by leaning it off the side stand. He hit me and I hit front wheel of a parked bike, broke four ribs, punctured lung and intercostal muscle damage. All sorted and back on bikes. Does make you realise how vulnerable you are.

Back