Show Us Your Motorbikes

Picked up last Thursday, last enduro was '06 KTM 525 this is newest 500 version, whole lot lighter and more ergonomic feel to it. Just trying to source some supermoto wheels myself, nearly bought the 2 stroke 300 exc, maybe one day :)

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_7960.JPG

wow ... in Italy we don't have the 500 .... I'm happy with the 300exc sixday ... in July I get anke the 790rAdventure x to do some raid farther ...... the beauty is that I buy the bike, but then my son hahaha goes

36BD5E91-DEA8-465A-A253-96BE1E603A4E.jpeg

... I have always loved Ktm ... since the 80s when I had fun with 350gs .... but unfortunately the quality of today is much worse, especially in the components .... the electric part is merciful. ... this photo after 10 hours of enduro ...

1A05AB4F-85FF-4ED8-BB2D-F9CD8C3F65F2.jpeg

0D772362-4778-4DD0-8149-A352614BABF3.jpeg

wow ... in Italy we don't have the 500 .... I'm happy with the 300exc sixday ... in July I get anke the 790rAdventure x to do some raid farther ...... the beauty is that I buy the bike, but then my son hahaha goes

View attachment 42018

I so wanted the 2 stroke 300. The six days is a terrific upgrade and finishes the bike off nicely, again very envious. looking forward to 790R pictures

... I have always loved Ktm ... since the 80s when I had fun with 350gs .... but unfortunately the quality of today is much worse, especially in the components .... the electric part is merciful. ... this photo after 10 hours of enduro ...

View attachment 42019

View attachment 42020

Thats pretty poor, I was under the impression quality had greatly improved on the enduro range. Their mx range is also very popular up where I live

:thumbsup: Yamaha make a lovely 4 stroke, mate of mine has one of the originals when they first came out and worth a few bob now

Attachments

• YZ450.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
Yes you are correct :D however the 1st 4 stroke I had was the Husaberg 501, what a swine if you stalled it (bad enough when cold never mind hot), your race was effectively over. I traded my CR500 for it so you can imagined the times I stalled it in the first few outings in the transition period from 2 stroke to 4 stroke

Yes you are correct :D however the 1st 4 stroke I had was the Husaberg 501, what a swine if you stalled it (bad enough when cold never mind hot), your race was effectively over. I traded my CR500 for it so you can imagined the times I stalled it in the first few outings in the transition period from 2 stroke to 4 stroke

You weren't the only one!

I remember lots of customers running really high idles to try and help/prevent stalling!

I think most early 4 strokes were all temperamental things! :laugh:

Yes they were, at least some had electric starter. All fuel injection now so happy days :thumbsup:

I see your Cumbria based, did you ride some of the Cumbria tracks

Yes they were, at least some had electric starter. All fuel injection now so happy days :thumbsup:

I see your Cumbria based, did you ride some of the Cumbria tracks

Spectated a few of them but never rode them. I more an enduro and trials chap, leave mx to the fast lads!

Have a few mates who enduro'd trialed. Had a go at trials myself many years ago, much harder than you think and looks

Have a few mates who enduro'd trialed. Had a go at trials myself many years ago, much harder than you think and looks

Yeah it is! Then the Pros turn up for the Lakes 2 day trial and make it all look easy! :laugh:

True, remember Birkett well, schoolmate of mine was pretty good as well, Nick Shields, they used to clean everything up and have some tasty battles in the process

Back