Show us your kitchen

Being reasonably new to all of this, I found that the biggest compromises related to kitchen layout.

I ended up having to go with a tiny sink because I lacked worktop space. (I wont have gas on-board and wanted a Wallas hob.) I went with hot water heater and a removable shower at rear of van so that washing up of bigger things can be done outside, under the tailgate. (Including dog, kids, etc!)
6D010542-20D5-4D03-9831-7C12971D2C1A.jpeg

Second big compromise was that despite being a LWB we lack worktop space. This is largely because we need a 130cm wide bed to provide 3 seats in the back. I also wanted a wider bed......based on the fact that I'd rather cook outside and sleep well inside, than the other way around!

Here's my kitchen layout, although still work in progress!77AC341A-D109-485D-BD31-69B29969B470.jpeg

I love your colour combination! Ordered samples from Evo to see do you find the overhead locker useful or gets in the way/hitting heads?

Thanks!

Really useful to have extra storage to keep those items that could potentially be in cupboards/drawers and obstructed by the bed. So its good to have it as a storage option when planning what goes where.

The LED light on that cupboard is also worth having, it can be dimmed low enough to be used as a night light in bed/sleep mode, or cranked up bright enough when loading the back of the van for a trip.

I’ve never banged my head on it either :)

F77CB2A4-67DC-4E35-AA6E-FAF5400FBDB1.jpegFCC4C607-6046-4332-80A0-75716EB5468B.jpeg
Here’s mine. Pretty standard config (by 8ball campers). Fairly happy with the setup but the gas and water is accessed from the tailgate so it’s not possible to turn the gas on when loaded which is a little annoying when stopping for lunch on a journey. The water tank is hidden inside the cabinet assembly (underneath the flip down cupboard at the side of the seats so is inaccessible for maintenance and the cupboards at the back along the roof are really good for hitting your head on when in bed. Probably would get a wider bed next time too. I like the bed for the through storage underneath though. Good for chairs etc

We have gone for an end kitchen layout. This is fully loaded for two of us, ready for out first outing - three days in Devon. Couldn't believe how much stuff I managed to store in cupboards, behind the passenger seats or in the seat bases - only loose items were coats and crocs, and only forgotten items turned out to be tea towels and baked beans :) On the right is fridge, wardrobe and fixed casette toilet.

1661950130135.png

Kitchen very much in use - need to find a folding bin instead of hanging a bag off the seat!
1661950190188.png

In an attempt to be slightly frugal, I thought we'd have a snacky lunch out in the van as opposed to eating out today.

I couldn't face the mess of a frying pan/ridge monkey, so experimented with taking a sandwich toaster from home. What a marvellous thing it proved to be. Toasted 8 ham, cheese and onion sarnies and the mess was nominal!
8CAAC402-BE83-4820-AB53-E9121D97A003.jpeg

Also felt pretty smug that we had hot water to wash up what little mess I had made!

Gobsmacked that I still had 85% battery at the time at the time of turning the thing off to cool and 100% battery on returning home after a 50 mile drive...... I may have over specced things on the electrical install a little, but I love this thing!

thanks!

I haven’t used those shelves in anger yet, but then again we haven’t used the van for anything other than day trips yet.

I think those shelves will be useful when we’re stopping off for a new nights, rather than general day-to-day storage. Cups/glasses or tea/coffee when in camping mode :)
Hi
May I ask who did your conversation, we would like a California bed on rails
Ta

In an attempt to be slightly frugal, I thought we'd have a snacky lunch out in the van as opposed to eating out today.

I couldn't face the mess of a frying pan/ridge monkey, so experimented with taking a sandwich toaster from home. What a marvellous thing it proved to be. Toasted 8 ham, cheese and onion sarnies and the mess was nominal!
View attachment 175502

Also felt pretty smug that we had hot water to wash up what little mess I had made!

Gobsmacked that I still had 85% battery at the time at the time of turning the thing off to cool and 100% battery on returning home after a 50 mile drive...... I may have over specced things on the electrical install a little, but I love this thing!
Your wooden worksurface looks great and the upstand is classy too. :thumbsup:

Hi
May I ask who did your conversation, we would like a California bed on rails
Ta

I did the cali-bed-on-rails work myself with the info available on this forum. The cali bed was from Richard at Kernow, and the brackets for the rails were from Transporter HQ. All done on a driveway with standard ramps. Definitely doable once armed with research and a clear weekend.

Here's a list of companies offering cali bed fitting: Cali conversions - what did you use for a 'multiflex board' to make the seat into a bed? And toppers

also:

I did the cali-bed-on-rails work myself with the info available on this forum. The cali bed was from Richard at Kernow, and the brackets for the rails were from Transporter HQ. All done on a driveway with standard ramps. Definitely doable once armed with research and a clear weekend.

Here's a list of companies offering cali bed fitting: Cali conversions - what did you use for a 'multiflex board' to make the seat into a bed? And toppers

also:
That’s great cheers for links

The upstand is necessary as the van is a twin slider.

Without the upstand any liquid spillages spilt over the back of the worktop onto this:View attachment 180166
I love Victron stuff....
What size battery do you have in order to be able to run that sandwich maker for 8 toasties!?? Also what size inverter? Thats doing some serious work that is!

Thank You

I love Victron stuff....
What size battery do you have in order to be able to run that sandwich maker for 8 toasties!?? Also what size inverter? Thats doing some serious work that is!

Thank You
I have the first generation of Roamer Underseat Battery and a Multiplus 12/1200.
You'd be surprised how a sandwich maker stays hot after using loads of power to teach is operational temp.
I have 400w of solar and a 30A DC-DC charger which is ignition switched, from mid March to late October you'd be hard pushed to ever need EHU!

Back