Show Us Your Christmas Tree..

Ahhh, now I get the initial comment above. Looks like the best job in Scotland:thumbsup:

So as a Christmas tree pro, and as mine is our first real one, any tips on keeping them looking fresh? or are all the internet tips just daft housewife tails.

It's not a bad job to be fair, I get to scoot about a muddy field in the rtv

Make sure it is getting a drink, my colleague swears by 7up or lemonade, dont put it up too early or next to a fire/radiator. Tree species crucial, a spruce will drop its needles if you look at it the wrong way whereas a lodge pole pine will not drop a single needle. Cheapo trees from the supermarket will already have been cut for weeks already so wont last.

It's not a bad job to be fair, I get to scoot about a muddy field in the rtv

Make sure it is getting a drink, my colleague swears by 7up or lemonade, dont put it up too early or next to a fire/radiator. Tree species crucial, a spruce will drop its needles if you look at it the wrong way whereas a lodge pole pine will not drop a single needle. Cheapo trees from the supermarket will already have been cut for weeks already so wont last.

Thanks.
Mine is a Norway Spruce, and it's was initially dropping needles, but seems to have stopped now. It was apparently cut the day before we collected it.

Today's challenge was finding 5 foot trees in this lot, not an easy or enjoyable task in the pissing rain. However if anyone requires any 10ft plus let me know as we have some going very cheap.
View attachment 55684

We used to do a lot of Christmas trees with the helicopters, not so much this year, must be the price.
Helicopters just the thing for finding 5ft trees;)

Well how many trees can you have....wife’s gone mad:laugh::laugh::laugh:

F4B780BA-7AF5-4872-9A2C-6C8497E605B2.jpegD6A94067-EED9-408B-B4A0-C21783A075E7.jpeg544AEA95-1560-4F71-BF92-0E3ECC5473E8.jpeg

But the best decoration...Now we’ve got playing ....Say G’Day to Santa...and something about a rusty Holden Ute ....she’s off her head:eek::eek::eek:

D9CB690F-BD3D-4B76-98F9-3939A5793DAE.jpeg

Back