Show Us Your Awning Setup.

When leaving site I always run the hook up cable round the van in aparking space formation so I know where to park up coming back in.

Couldn’t reconnect awning without a drive away kit though so that’s well worth it.

When leaving site I always run the hook up cable round the van in aparking space formation so I know where to park up coming back in.

Couldn’t reconnect awning without a drive away kit though so that’s well worth it.
Where is best for the drive away kit mate?

At moment just have the Kiravan sail canopy. Works well in winds as you can lower down around edges to scoop wind over the van. Sometimes use it with a simple windbreaker.

Not got round to a full awning yet. All your posts make for interesting reading...

View attachment 20706
Hi @$immo, considering one of these at the moment, any thoughts, now you've lived with it for a while? How is it in the rain?

Cheers!!

CZ.

Hi @$immo, considering one of these at the moment, any thoughts, now you've lived with it for a while? How is it in the rain?

Cheers!!

CZ.

Yeah, still using it on most trips, takes only about 6-7mins to be fully up and sorted.
Works well in rain, only had a few drops along the stitch holes once, but just run some waterproofing along the stitching and it stopped.
I have had mine a couple of years now and it has faded to a light grey on top, but other than that, pleased with it.

I carry 4 poles, adjustable and that works well, I can have them very short in full on gale and wind and it's fine or fully extended 2m for fair days. :thumbsup:

Yeah, still using it on most trips, takes only about 6-7mins to be fully up and sorted.
Works well in rain, only had a few drops along the stitch holes once, but just run some waterproofing along the stitching and it stopped.
I have had mine a couple of years now and it has faded to a light grey on top, but other than that, pleased with it.

I carry 4 poles, adjustable and that works well, I can have them very short in full on gale and wind and it's fine or fully extended 2m for fair days. :thumbsup:
Cheers, Just realised its only the sail not the ropes or poles... would you say its worth £209?

Cheers, Just realised its only the sail not the ropes or poles... would you say its worth £209?
I’m contemplating one of these as well ! They are expensive especially if your wanting the stitches and steel carbon poles at £160 for 4 ! But I suppose everything that’s quality is expensive! Yes you can have an awning which costs half the price and I’m sure it will be fine but I do like the versatility of the railsail :thumbsdown:

It is just a fancy tarp with an awning bead and some eyelets. However I am not one to sit around a campsite all day/eve so dont need anything bigger or more fancy. My camper is used for adventures and somewhere to come back to, to cook outside. It's rammed with climbing gear, bike kit, paddle boards, wetsuits, hike tent etc etc. So for me it's worth every penny.
If it ripped or broke beyond repair (not showing any signs of), I would buy another:thumbsup:

I'm being pulled towards buying one of these.... Has anyone got one or had one..?

Can't find much in the way of reviews on it.... EuroTrail Fjord 260 Canopy

71Y+w0N51sL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

View attachment 46049 View attachment 46050 View attachment 46052

Thule Omnister. Worked perfectly along side a Olpro Utility tent for 2 weeks round Europe.
Coupled with a £19.99 wind break, as I didn't want to get into the "Who's got the best Windbreak" game.
We do have a Vango inflatable awning but since having the Thule, I doubt we will use the Vango much anymore.

Edit:
The only problem with the Thule is you have to drop one side lower to allow any rain to run off and this really messes with my OCD, but the tablets help.:confused:

View attachment 46051

View attachment 46056
Hi what fixtures do you have for the awning? As we have roof bars and want an wind out awning but keep the bars? Thank you

Yes thank you - I got a REIMO UPGRADE 2 CABIN TAILGATE TENT & GROUND SHEET BUNDLE delivered yesterday from camperco!

Hoping to use it this weekend in the lakes if the weather not too grim :thumbsup:
Hi can you tell me, on the Upgrade 2 does the rear open and roll up or is it just the two side doors that open? Struggling to find any pictures of it open on a T6.
Cheers
Sam

Hi all,

I've read this thread multiple times. I think I'd like a the khyam motordome, so long as i could get a build in ground sheet and a bedroom pod.
The real question though is "pack size". What sort of size does it pack down to?

Does anyone have a picture and maybe some dimensions they would be happy to share?

Thank you

I can show you a picture of an awning that I believe is smaller.. the vango air palm... helmet is to give a sense of size.... it takes up a lot of floor space in our SWB! But obviously only when driving to and from!
image.jpg

Back