Show us your 3D printed modifications

Morning

Here's an STL (change the suffix from .txt to .stl) for the T6's top middle button blank with a side slide-in cable slot. This is useful if you find yourself in the same situation as me, where I had to go direct with a USB cable from the head unit to the dash-mounted phone without passing through a USB socket (which the new generation of iPhones don't seem to like).

Go ahead and install your cable by leaving the OEM blank out - this blank can be fitted later without having to take everything apart. I refined the geometry of this and it snaps in beautifully and doesn't budge. Would recommend black PETG for the filament. PLA would probably work for a couple of years before it decays. If you're after a 100% match with finish, use a matt black spray layer over the top.

It's optimised for a USB cable diameter that measures 3.28mm when compressed slightly. If you're keen to get the right compression fitting, I used a Belkin Boost Charge Pro Flex cable.

Cura reports a missing polygon but it slices OK if you put the face pointing downward. I can't be bothered to find the missing polygon since it works.

Enjoy!

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 09.26.05.pngScreenshot 2024-02-25 at 09.26.16.png

Attachments

• T6 Top Middle Button Blank for USB Cable.txt
    41.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi All,

Was told to add this here.

I don't know about you but shoving the straps into the canvas never fit well with me. I've seen loads of these pop top spool holders online which looked good, I made my own.

image2.jpeg

image0.jpeg

For anyone who has a 3d printer I've made the file available for free on the below link. For anyone looking to buy them then there is loads of different ones on Etsy. Just google VW Pop Top, I myself have no interest in selling anything.

3D printer Link : Printables

Regards,
SkyeCamper

Back