Show us your 3D printed modifications

For Sale - Custom Grille Badges

Well, sort of 'for sale'. I'm building slowly up to be able to make custom grille badges for the T6 and T6.1 as a hobby. The idea is that you can tell me what you want your grille badge to say, or what design you want on it, I can send you a computer visualisation to approve, then I can make it for you and post it to you. Got a good grip on 3D design (that's what I do for a living) and am getting much more confident with 3D printing with exterior grade materials and paint finishes, which are a hobby.

IMG_3702.jpgIMG_3613.jpg

Hi, can anyone on here help me out with a print?

Need a mount for my renogy battery monitor and I’ve found this file on thingiverse but I don’t have a printer.

Happy to pay for time, materials etc

Hi, can anyone on here help me out with a print?

Need a mount for my renogy battery monitor and I’ve found this file on thingiverse but I don’t have a printer.

Happy to pay for time, materials etc

Hi @kristof46 ...
If you still need this printed I'm happy to oblige.
Might take me a week or so to get sorted, but always happy to help a fellow mtber!

Best Regards

I have just posted on thingiverse my first thing. Suggestions welcome, as I don't know if I've used the correct naming for things.

I just came across this 3D printable version of the VW bin, which fits in what I thought were large water bottle holders in the T6 doorcards :thumbsup:

featured_preview_IMG_20210701_195101.jpg

I've no idea with 3d printing but that looks good......why are some really smooth and some have all lines in ? Somebody please educate me :p

There are 3 main technolgues.
One like a hot glue gun, with a desending platform. Google Ultimaker
One fires a laser into a power, fusing the material.
One fires a laser into a liquid and the build platform moves upwards out of the liquid. Google Formlabs.

The one I used is a Formlabs. It needs to print a support structure that needs to be cut off.

The Formlabs technology is great as you can print hard, flexible and rubber parts.

@MrTango thanks for the lesson cheers :thumbsup: which gives the best finish as yours looks perfect?

The smoother surface finish is probably because its an SLA print (the laser cured resin version of 3D printing @MrTango mentioned).

If it were FDM (molten filament deployed onto a print bed), even with ironing on the top layers it would appear rougher unless some post processing was applied (sanding, acetone smoothing etc).

It started with this annoying noise from the ventilation because of little leaves coming in through the ventilation opening on the right hand side...
designed + printed this abs double-frame with a stainless steel mesh to cover the ventilation opening für T6/ T5. Works perfectly for outside-parkers with no garage ore carport and especially with trees like this (my old pal the robinia)

00_robinia.jpg

01_base_frame.JPG 02_base_frame_nut-insert.JPG 03_base_frame.JPG 04_base_frame_sticky-tape3M.JPG 05_cover-frame_mesh.JPG 06_air-vent_where_to_go.JPG 07_mounted_base_frame.JPG 08_mounted_cover+mesh.JPG

easy to mount with water- oil- and uv-resistant 3M automotive Tape; the mesh is fixed between the two frames (base and cover frame) with 4 tiny M3x10 stainless steel bolts. In case you need access to the ventilation just take out the bolts and afterwards screw them back again. Base frame remains fixed to the car.

below there are the STLs (note: RENAME the *.txt to *.stl)
you'll need the mesh (2mm stainless steel mesh from amazon) and the bolts+nuts and the 3M tape as well

Attachments

• base_frame_V2.txt
    143.3 KB · Views: 4
  • cover-frame.txt
    98.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
What is the simplest 3D software to have a play about with.? See if I'm not to dull to use it before buying a printer lol

Would anyone be able to help? I have downloaded the file but i need something 3d printed.....obviously i'll happily pay. Thanks

I can help, but I‘m based in Germany… so if you don‘t mind the postage and plus can wait until the end of the next week (I am back from winter holidays next Monday) just send me a pm.

Would anyone be able to help? I have downloaded the file but i need something 3d printed.....obviously i'll happily pay. Thanks
What do you need and where are you? I’m in Lancashire

Back