Self de-badging

I have taken the transporter and bluemotion badges off the back. Best way is to warm them up first, such as with a hairdryer, as this will soften the glue. Then use something like an old credit card to slide in under the badge.

Yep mine done mine with my fingers and gentle heat as @DaveyB says . Fingers are still sore :cry: but then i am a wimp ;)

Wow, that is very clean. My white one has a strong hint of brown to it.

I used dental floss to cut the badge off.
Then to help get the sticky pad and glue residue off I used a rag and a little petrol - then gave it a good clean afterwards.

Just de-badge my van using boiling water and fishing line. Worked a treat getting the lettering off, just need to get the glue residue off now. Cheers guys

I've always used a hot air gun and fishing line, followed by a solvent cleaner to get rid of traces of glue

If you warm them up then pull them of you will pull the adhesive off with them, if there is any tape left just pull it away by hand. I do loads of them for a local company. Fishing line tends to cut the adhesive tape making harder to get the remains off.

I did have TRAINSPOTTER on it for almost maximum scrabble points, but it was on my old T5 a couple of years ago and I can't find any more pics :D

Back