Seat Squeak

Mine has squeaked a little but not too bad, just done my under seat electrics and fitted a rib swivel at the same time.

The squeak, well more of a creak, is now horrendous. I've sprayed everything with silicone spray but it's still the same. Going to take the seat off, check everything is tight and reassemble with grease and maybe grease the spring/height adjustment etc.
Anything else I can try? Just hoping it's not the swivel that's creaking .

My creaking has come back with a vengeance. Can anyone explain the just of the Facebook thread. I have tried to get access to the FB group but don’t seem to be having any luck.

Any insight into what the tips on there were would be greatly appreciated.

My creaking has come back with a vengeance. Can anyone explain the just of the Facebook thread. I have tried to get access to the FB group but don’t seem to be having any luck.

Any insight into what the tips on there were would be greatly appreciated.

Look at post number 2, it shows where I greased mine and I had the squeak/creak of doom, but it never came back, although my passenger side needs doing now.

Mine has squeaked a little but not too bad, just done my under seat electrics and fitted a rib swivel at the same time.

The squeak, well more of a creak, is now horrendous. I've sprayed everything with silicone spray but it's still the same. Going to take the seat off, check everything is tight and reassemble with grease and maybe grease the spring/height adjustment etc.
Anything else I can try? Just hoping it's not the swivel that's creaking .

Stripped it down, greased and sprayed everything, rubber added between spring.
And, silence. Well happy.

Having owned the van now for 4 months, iv had the annoying seat squeak, it’s been to the dealers twice now, first time they said they had tightened the base bolts and surprise after a hour of having it back it the squeak came back with a fury more worse then when it went in. It’s been back yesterday and they have replaced the whole base and I’m squeak free

There's a picture in the second post of this thread.

My passenger seat is doing it now, I'll be getting the lithium grease out again.

One of my second row single swivel chairs makes an annoying squeaky sound and happens to be behind the passenger seat. It goes if I lean over and put pressure on the headrest whilst driving or if i wedge the seat back hard against the passenger seat. It seems to be related to the wheel locking mechanism area rather than anywhere else but I cant work it out. The issue moves with the seat (i.e take it out and install on the drivers side rails and it continues there. Anyone else had this?

Ok I’ve had this. Just move the seat slightly and when you stop actually push the handle down a bit more, rather than just realising - if that makes sense? . Also taking it out and lubricating the springs etc underneath will help.

I had the dealer change mine complete new frame
I have seen on here that spraying all the moving parts with spray white grease fixes it , that was going to be my next move if they didn’t replace it

Just sorted my drivers seat with lithium grease ( well so far so good ) I sprayed the spring and mechanisms on either side under the seat and it seems to be silent now... spoke too soon .. seemed perfect than went for a little drive and it’s come back .. back to drawing board ..what a pain in the ass ..it’s happening every time I press and release the clutch .. I hate it

Last edited:
Just sorted my drivers seat with lithium grease ( well so far so good ) I sprayed the spring and mechanisms on either side under the seat and it seems to be silent now
Mine needs another spray now as its just started again. Was good for over 1 1/2yrs

Back