Seat Squeak

Mine started squeaking after one month from driving from the dealership, annoying to a point that I wanted to return the car and get my money back if I could. So they replace the entire seat base. Worked for about 6 months, then started squeaking again. Took it back and they replace the seat base once again and according to them to a new "upgraded" part that "seems" to have solved the issue... (#not) 10 months later squeak is back again... took it back to the dealership for its 2nd service (2yr), showed them the seat again, and after the service, they say, oh... just raise the seat about this much and the noise stops (which for me that's not a fix, as the seat is designed to go up and down as much as you want, our guys tested. Drove out of the dealership on the first corner squeak again... turn around straight back, now they want my car for 1 week to see what needs to be done...

Mine started squeaking after one month from driving from the dealership, annoying to a point that I wanted to return the car and get my money back if I could. So they replace the entire seat base. Worked for about 6 months, then started squeaking again. Took it back and they replace the seat base once again and according to them to a new "upgraded" part that "seems" to have solved the issue... (#not) 10 months later squeak is back again... took it back to the dealership for its 2nd service (2yr), showed them the seat again, and after the service, they say, oh... just raise the seat about this much and the noise stops (which for me that's not a fix, as the seat is designed to go up and down as much as you want, our guys tested. Drove out of the dealership on the first corner squeak again... turn around straight back, now they want my car for 1 week to see what needs to be done...
Horrendous !

Fix it yourself dude, it’s easy enough. Main dealer will codge/bodge it up, probably scratch your van while they wash it and you’ll be back with a squeaky seat a month later and have to repeat the whole process.

My t6 drivers seat is doing my head in!! will try and give it a spray with something tomorrow.
My t4 with 250000 on the clock doesn't make a sound:)

Ok I’ve had this. Just move the seat slightly and when you stop actually push the handle down a bit more, rather than just realising - if that makes sense? . Also taking it out and lubricating the springs etc underneath will help
Ok I’ve had this. Just move the seat slightly and when you stop actually push the handle down a bit more, rather than just realising - if that makes sense? . Also taking it out and lubricating the springs etc underneath will help.
Hi @BognorMotors - this swivel chair in the Caravelle continues to make rattle tin sounds often. Slamming the slider bar down can eventually stop it but its trial and error. My other swivel chair is good as gold (famous last words). It seems there is something lose or too close to the frame which is enough to vibrate on the metalwork somewhere. Have you dismantled one of these chairs at all? I am looking for some diagrams or pointers if they are out there.

Back