Search, Search, Search!

Fish

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Moderators , please feel free to delete this!....

However...

Ladies, Gents, Members and guests.

Please, please try to navigate the search feature before posting questions! If you feel that your questions is not within the searched areas, keywords or threads then by all means post your question in the relevant thread.

I appreciate that the search facility on the forum is not great but alittle time and alot of reading members experiences and knowledge will help keep the forums longevity, IMO!

I understand that we are/were new to the world of VW's, T6's and such like but we are all able to search alittle before hitting 'CREATE'.

Fish Out!

I don't mind seeing the same subjects crop up over and over as it gives other, maybe newer, members a chance to contribute to discussions they might not have seen. All for including links back to the original discussion for reference but would not want to put people off asking questions and contributing as/when they want to.

I don't mind seeing the same subjects crop up over and over as it gives other, maybe newer, members a chance to contribute to discussions they might not have seen. All for including links back to the original discussion for reference but would not want to put people off asking questions and contributing as/when they want to.

Totally agree, last thing I want to do is put ppl off but feel that alittle time re-searching may also go along way in self education. Any questions then may be more beneficial to all?
It was just my rant.. it has past now..

This is something we have been discussing and looking into recently.
The forum search facility is not very good and often returns mixed results, this 'in house' search engine will hopefully be getting replaced before the end of the month with something much better

We have plans to introduce a new sticky thread in each sub forum section covering some basic info for that topic and include some links to good topics in that thread that can be used as a starting resource for each subject area but this is something that we could do with some members helping out with compiling some links to good threads and writing up info etc as it all takes time so if anyone is interested in helping out with this please do get in touch with me and we can split up topics/sub forums between members/mods and get this done quicker

I think sticky threads would be a great idea. Would also help us find the stuff we didn't realise we should be looking for.

Ok.... so I am looking for help in answering my question. Yes, I have already used the search function and Yes I've already read through a ton of posts relating to my question. BUT NONE OF THEM GIVE ME THE ANSWER I WANT TO MY SPECIFIC F******* QUESTION WHICH IS WHY I PUT MY POST UP ASKING MY F****** QUESTION. So, if your reply to my question is 'well why don't you use the search function blah blah blah' please keep it to yourself. It's not helpful, it's frustrating. I'm an adult, I know what the bloody search function is for you nitwit!

Anyways..... rant over. I'll now take the dog for a walk. Cheers.

Have you managed to find the spacers?
Are you aware of how to measure what you require / can allow for?.

I get your point, but think of all the times you’ve clicked on a thread titled something like “Help needed!!” to find a post like “I’m thinking of fitting 20” wheels, has anyone else done this ?” or the old favourite “Has anyone seen these new LED lights that THQ have brought out?”
If I’ve done a search already I say that in my post.

Hope you’re calm now. Pease and love :D

I get the frustration when you're a regular poster, and an adult, and aware of the search box.
I've been in the same position from time to time, and tend to revive an old thread if it's close to an answer, but not quite enough to help me.

I also get the Mod's positions when the same questions about Wheels, Tyres, B14's, LED's, Which pop top, Flat bottomed steering wheels etc etc. I think they are only trying to educate those that are not fully aware how good the search box is, and that probably includes some of us regulars.

Good rant by the way, but if you're coming over to mine to try the spaces, please don't bring any of the following: Metal bars, sharp objects, hammers, screwdrivers, paint strippers, Redbull, Coffee, or anything else to get your pressure up if the spacers don't look good, or you slip with the breaker bar....

Any other members that are happy to be at mine at the same time for protection are rewarded with copious mugs of tea. :grin bounce:

(I hope the dogs ok)

Good rant by the way, but if you're coming over to mine to try the spaces, please don't bring any of the following: Metal bars, sharp objects, hammers, screwdrivers, paint strippers, Redbull, Coffee, or anything else to get your pressure up if the spacers don't look good, or you slip with the breaker bar....

Any other members that are happy to be at mine at the same time for protection are rewarded with copious mugs of tea. :grin bounce:

We could make it a forum meet then I can get more confused about which wheels I want and need
Bacon butties anyone?

I get your point, but think of all the times you’ve clicked on a thread titled something like “Help needed!!” to find a post like “I’m thinking of fitting 20” wheels, has anyone else done this ?” or the old favourite “Has anyone seen these new LED lights that THQ have brought out?”
If I’ve done a search already I say that in my post.

Hope you’re calm now. Pease and love :D
What THQ lights?
Did I miss something?

Back