Fixed - leaky sliders and condensation problem

Lukefx

VIP Member
T6 Pro
There's lots of posts about various leaks and water ingress and condensation, but I wanted to post this as I have fixed my issue after months of checking and trying to identify the problem, so thought it might help someone.
I have a Shuttle, so twin slider, and have a kitchen pod behind the drivers seat.
I have always had condensation issues after rain and wanted to find the leak.
I checked all the door seals and assumed they weren't doing their job and then one day saw a significant amount of water on the drivers side, at the back of the kitchen pod when I opened the door.
This is where the sliding door step would usually be but mine has a hard floor and where the kitchen is, the step is removed, so I could see right down inside.
After lots of checks and adjustments of the door seal, I noticed on the mechanism that slides into the side of the van, on the rear panel, water leaking from behind the sliding door runner cover and down the pillar.
This in turn was being drawn into the rubber seal and then flowing all the way down and along, until it leaked into the van at the point where the step should be.
My fix was to simply use some excess 'Shuts like a Golf' D shaped door seal that I had left over, and therefore channeling the water away from the actual door seal.
And all sorted, no more leak and no more condensation.

20240218_130700_resized.jpg

20240218_130710_resized.jpg

20240218_130716_resized.jpg

Back