Roof wrap?

You could only wrap a startline bumper if it has already been painted correctly previously. It will not stick to a textured plastic finish correctly.
As for wrapping a roof..... If you must DIY, buy the best wrap, 3m or avery, adhesion promoter for the deep corner channels the correct fitting temp is essential...... and watch as many YouTube vids as possible 3 times over!! It's a two man job also!
Good luck.

unique-rust-look-vw-t5-sportline

Just found this,
Unique ‘Rust-look’ 2014 VW T5 Sportline

Awesome

Saw quite a few cars with that treatment at the Retro rides Goodwood bash. Looks good but I think the novelty would wear off for me after a while.

Here’s one for you all...

Had the Van booked in for a full roof wrap with a decent wrap company. They had the van on the hottest day of the year and phoned to say that the vinyl wasn’t sticking to the roof could they have it a extra day as it was so hot. They have phoned today and asked if I’ve had any paint protection put on the van as the vinyl wasn’t sticking?
I’ve only ever used AB or auto G snow foam wax on the van. My question is would VW have put a paint protection on it before I brought it? It’s only a year old. I can’t see that a professional wrap company can’t get off a bit of wax off of a van! Fair play to them he wasn’t confident it was going to be spot on so I collected the van and got a full refund.

just wondered if anyone else had come across this issue before? The van does feel kind of silky when you run your hand down it.

Ireally like the edition black roof and wanted to try a wrap on it as it wasn’t permanent but it looks like it may have to be painted now! Anyone know what kind of price a spray job on the roof is bs wrap? Cheer

What they didnt have any panel wipe or decreaser to strip off the wax?

You would think that's the basics?

I know what they saying to the vinyl T6F stickers wont stick to the surface unless any wax or ceramic coat is stripped of.

I've used break clean and glass cleaner successfully to strip off wax etc.

What they didnt have any panel wipe or decreaser to strip off the wax?

You would think that's the basics?

I know what they saying to the vinyl T6F stickers wont stick to the surface unless any wax or ceramic coat is stripped of.

I've used break clean and glass cleaner successfully to strip off wax etc.
That’s what I thought! It can’t be that hard to wash a van properly. What you doing next weekend? Fancy a roof wrap? :laugh:

Pro wrap company couldn’t get it to stick! A ridge roof was giving them troubles! Sounds like some tin pot outfit.. they aren’t at all. Your telling me a Lamborghini or a new Range Rover (in the next bays) doesn’t have some kind of paint protection it? But they couldn’t stick it to my aqua waxed van :unsure: maybe a fob off..

never mind let’s see what the costs involved In a spray job or try another one I guess.

Maybe try another firm......

I need to get my roof done 8n clear before I stick the solar panel down.

I will try another firm. I dont think I’m going to have it sprayed, just in case!

Im following your solar journey.

what a pain! sorry man. how much was it going to cost out of interest? I'm thinking of the same...

I think it was around £370 + VAT just for the roof. I can’t remember how much it was for the spoiler. I’d had quotes in excess of 5/600 + vat though. I’m in contact with another company so I’ll let you know what they say.

I think it was around £370 + VAT just for the roof. I can’t remember how much it was for the spoiler. I’d had quotes in excess of 5/600 + vat though. I’m in contact with another company so I’ll let you know what they say.
Thank you. That would be great

Right.. booked in with another company right near me.. £220! Full roof in gloss black with sun strip in satin is at extra cost. I’ve popped down and he did a test patch and told me the other company are talking out of their... it goes in Wednesday so I will share results here :thumbsup:

Right.. booked in with another company right near me.. £220! Full roof in gloss black with sun strip in satin is at extra cost. I’ve popped down and he did a test patch and told me the other company are talking out of their... it goes in Wednesday so I will share results here :thumbsup:
The first company probably just wanted your van for a couple of days to go away in. ;)

That looks stunning. Where about in the country, is your wrapper based??

Should have had the spoiler done... I’m getting it booked back in to be done. Was going to change it For a black one. I then read what a ball ache it was. Wrap it is!

They are based just outside Of Lewes in East Sussex.

Back