Roof box

Andy653

Hi everyone can somebody shine some light on this for me please.
I have a pop top on my van with roof rails (( no cross rail as of yet ))) I’m looking at trying to get extra storage for when I go to France in the summer. Has anyone added a roof box to their pop top without any problems any advice would be appreciated many thanks Andy

It’s perfectly possible, but totally dependent on the load capacity of your make of pop top. The load limit will be much less than normal, likely in the region of 30kg. Try a search on here as it’s been covered lots or check out with the roof manufacturer.

Don't forget to account for the weight of the box too. The Thule box we have for the Volvo is 25kg on its own.

It’s perfectly possible, but totally dependent on the load capacity of your make of pop top. The load limit will be much less than normal, likely in the region of 30kg. Try a search on here as it’s been covered lots or check out with the roof manufacturer.
Thanks just hoping to use it for light bedding stuff ect ect as it soon piles up in the can taking up space .

Thanks just hoping to use it for light bedding stuff ect ect as it soon piles up in the can taking up space
Remember to include a step ladder to be able to use it........
yep it’s in the van

Back