Roof Bars prep - load-rated?

7h3860181A QZU Listed as Guide Rail, Satin Black available as fitment to all models T5 & T6 2003 to 2016 (and maybe onward) - info from OEMEPC page and other years.

Cheers Ads, googled the part number and (eventually) found a site that gave me an as new price. Off they go to the sales page (though I'm getting the impression from my research issues that the market for them might be a little limited )!

They enable the fitting of roof bars that can be slid into any position you want and then removed when finished with

Looks like roof bar prep which is a factory option, not actually sure if it’s available as a spare part maybe factory fit only ?

They are available to buy but you need to drill several holes in the roof for each one and fit the retaining nuts in the roof to properly secure it, it uses the existing bolt holes but needs an additional 3 (i think) per side

Cheers for the info everyone. Didn't hear any retaining nuts falling out when I took it off. Thought I might be able to sell them but that's starting to seem unlikely. Still there's always Ebay.

The nuts are caged if i remember correctly so they fit in square holes above your headlining so you don't need to hold them when aligning the bolt up on fitting

Does anyone know what the part number is for the roof bars that fit roof prep, thanks

not sure of part number but loads on ebay, mine are thule wing bars, just gotta make sure you get the right feet for sliding rail.

Reactions: Eli
Right, sorry that this may be going over already covered ground (I have indeed checked all the previous posts and remain totally confused!) I've even resorted, horror of horrors, to the vehicle user manual and am still at a loss! In a word- help!!!

I want to carry lots of super awesome stuff on top of my super awesome van, which has the factory-fit roof bar preparations. It looks like this:

IMG_4031.jpg

Problem is I haven't seen anything (bars OR rails) that confirms it'll be compatible with these preparations- even the VW website shows roof bars that mount to rails rather than this fitting. Am I missing something!? Do I need rails to fit generic bars to!? (If so, recommendations warmly accepted!) and equally if I don't need rails, what fitting am I looking for that goes directly to the preparations!? (Ideally something that slides up and down!)

Your wisdom and suggestions would be muchos appreciato!! Ta!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back