Roof Bars prep - load-rated?

Siperrin

Hi everyone,

I have the factory fitted roof rack prep on my T6 kombi edition.

I want to get some good looking crossbars but quite a few I’ve looked at don’t seem to be load tested and are more for aesthetics?

Can anyone recommend some bars that look the part and can actually carry something

Cheers.

Are the factory crossbars no good?

Ps I hope you sealed where the foorbars bolt to the roof. They are prone to leaking, as I have found out.

The factory work was just the prep which is basically mounts running down the roof of the wagon. I just need the cross bars to put into them.

Haha! These best not leak!

Hi everyone,

I have the factory fitted roof rack prep on my T6 kombi edition.

I want to get some good looking crossbars but quite a few I’ve looked at don’t seem to be load tested and are more for aesthetics?

Can anyone recommend some bars that look the part and can actually carry something

Cheers.
Mine are VW OEM. Fitted at the dealers. 75kg loading. No leaks, low profile, and look pretty smart IMO.

CD6B6629-0501-4C7C-B46F-1ECEAC1673C8.png

How much did you pay for the bars form the dealer?
I believe that I paid book prices, with 10% discount applied. Not sure now how much the rails were, but I reckon that the bars were around £85.00 pair + VAT. Not sure whether I needed all 4, but I quite like the look of a pair together at the rear.

Are there any other after market bars that will fit factory roof rails as all I can find are genuine VW ones.

I’m not sure if they will fit as I have the rails in the roof that are designed for moveable rails?

Have a look at the Thule wingbars. I think you will need the same fitting kit for a California.

Tried all the numbers letters and all but got no hits. Is there a trick to it? do spaces matter? Do you leave out the leading letters? The search engine isn't the most intuitive. :(

Back