Rising Roof Roof Bar/rack Loading Review

Farnorthsurfer

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Catching up with a number of different threads through the search facility and pointers from others on the forum I am still keen to understand the pros and cons of various makes of rising roof systems with regard to the roof rack loading they may or may not support.
To be clear, I don't expect to be able to raise a roof with a big load on it but I am looking for something to take up to 100kg of windsurfing and paddle boarding kit occasionally. Maybe for or five times a month.

I bought a LWB Kombi 4Motion specifically because it is long enough to take an 8' board in the back and think it will do this with the Reimo Variotech 3000 power rail seat. But quite often I will be going to the beach loaded for bear and need to have a full set on top.
The 4Motion is because I live in the North of Scotland and loads of places like Tiree have off road access for the best surf spots.

So which rising roof based on experience and if possible photos of the rails, bars and support structure.
I new here, and have tried loads of searchs but may easily have missed stuff as this is such a huge resource, thanks:)

To finish this thread off if anyone finds it on a search.
I bought the Jerba Campervans pop top roof with Karitek rails bolted to the roof and Thule cross bars.
This set up is good for 100kgs loaded. Looks and feels really strong.
Although the Jerba roof has uprated struts you can't lift it with 100kgs on the rack, that would be daft.. It will still work with about 30kgs on though.

To finish this thread off if anyone finds it on a search.
I bought the Jerba Campervans pop top roof with Karitek rails bolted to the roof and Thule cross bars.
This set up is good for 100kgs loaded. Looks and feels really strong.
Although the Jerba roof has uprated struts you can't lift it with 100kgs on the rack, that would be daft.. It will still work with about 30kgs on though.

Hi, my wife and I are currently having a T6 converted to pop top campervan.
As I paddle a canoe, and my wife paddles her own, we are having a Karitek Easy Load Roof Rack plus their roof rails fitted to the vans pop top with the canoes being lowered on the drivers side due to having a windout awning fitted on the passenger side.
Has anyone else had one of these racks and rails fitted to their vehicle, if so then is there any chance of a few pictures as want to see how the rack fits with the awning?

Hi, my wife and I are currently having a T6 converted to pop top campervan.
As I paddle a canoe, and my wife paddles her own, we are having a Karitek Easy Load Roof Rack plus their roof rails fitted to the vans pop top with the canoes being lowered on the drivers side due to having a windout awning fitted on the passenger side.
Has anyone else had one of these racks and rails fitted to their vehicle, if so then is there any chance of a few pictures as want to see how the rack fits with the awning?
My van just has the Karitek rails and Thule crossbars but my friend has a full Karitek kayak rack fitted. Will see if I can get a few photos for you.

Back