Ride Height Survey

The rear spring perch is one of the problems people have with rattle noises on the rear suspension , The H&R one is bigger with a better mounting to stop movement and noises

I haven't got any rattles. I've still got the spring perch in, as low as it can go, but with one of the adjuster rings removed. The front is bottomed out on the threads with machined T6 top mounts and a hub mod. I contemplated doing the adjuster delete but it sits pretty level as it is now.

Shame the spring won't fit the B14 adjuster.

I haven't got any rattles. I've still got the spring perch in, as low as it can go, but with one of the adjuster rings removed. The front is bottomed out on the threads with machined T6 top mounts and a hub mod. I contemplated doing the adjuster delete but it sits pretty level as it is now.

Shame the spring won't fit the B14 adjuster.
Just bare in mind if you fit another make or type of spring it wont sit as low as it does now , Its only low because the rear spring isn't coping with the weight . a stronger spring will lift the van obviously and if you have no adjuster in there is no where to go .

I still have the adjuster in, just wound all the way up and with one adjuster ring instead of two.

If the spring raises it, I can remove the other adjuster ring or the entire adjuster assembly.

Want an anti roll bar upgrade for a 4 motion 6.1 think it’s a T32 do they make me yet?
Yes they do make , we have stock , they are more expensive than the older T 6 because the front anti roll bar is now the same diameter as the rear 30 m,m #
This is because the bar has to reach further forward , the changes are due to the electric power steering
Pm me for updated costs if you wish

Very interesting collection of photo's over the last 2 pages ! Don't think that I have seen these options pictured back-to-back and from this angle before.

Seems they all look great in the box, but its another world when they are under compression from the weight of the van. I know that there will be some decompression as the van is moving along, but I'd certainly prefer the full range of motion from a progressive spring that can deal with small bumps and large bumps

I’ll add a couple of pictures of mine to this for reference.... H&R Coilovers fitted by Steve @CRS Performance last October. Initially it was set at approximately 65mm down, but I’ve since been back to Steve who lowered it a further 15mm to approximately 80mm down for me. One of the adjuster rings on the rears have been removed (by Steve).

I have to say the ride is very comfortable.... I don’t carry any weight really, just some tools/kit in my ‘day van’, but it’s never showed any signs of bottoming out or banging and crashing around, even on big undulations on fast roads. :thumbsup:

6430E487-418D-4A59-9BA2-B42AAA162C9A.jpegD3E11F21-937E-4796-86B1-6D99A324FD02.jpeg

Ok - so I have to admit that I seem to have now developed OCTSSD (Obsessive Compulsive T-Six Suspension Disorder) it keeps me awake a night trying to figure out how to improve my ride comfort, is it my springs? Is it my dampers? Is it my wheel size? Or should I just admit I own a van :eek:

I'm looking for your help, I want to collect as much ride height info as I can, and the suspension (spring and dampers) you have plus wheel size that you are using, plus your view of the ride.

It's not exactly scientific as every van is different, but I will put all the collected data on one sheet and share it. Hopefully will be helpful to the group as a whole, and especially those looking to mod suspension.

It would be good to get some 'stock' information as well, so even if you haven't modified your van please add to the thread.

I'm measuring ride height from
wheel centre to wheel arch (as near perpendicular as possible).

So please add the following to the thread:

Vehicle Type:
Original Load Rating:
Ride Height Front
:
Ride Height Rear:
Rake:
Springs:
Dampeners:
ARB
:
Wheel size
:
Tyre model
:
Normal load
:
Ride Comfort
:

I'll start with mine below.
Here’s mine
T6.1 Kombi LWB 4MOTION
T32
470 F Empty apart from Ovano bed/drawer
465 R
R 310 - F 275 = 35mm
All suspension as new delivered last week.
215/60R17 C all season
It is a bit bouncy & crashy like an empty van, I will see when I put 100kg of tools in or piles of camping gear soon.

Back