Ride Height Survey

Not sure what you mean about all the camping stuff but I have lugged 5 people in it quite easily before now so apart from adding water and shed loads of stuff you can manage without, then all is good here.
It's normally just the wife and I on fully carpeted pitches so why drag 65kgs of fresh water and 100kgs of diesel when you really don't need to?
Edit... and no sag here as per piccie earlier, that's us equipped to camp or brew a cuppa right there!

Update after visit to see Steve @CRS Performance today. Very impressed with the upgrade to KW and H&R ARBs. A big thanks to Steve for his technical advice and patience with my detailed questions, van is completely different to drive compared with Stance, feels sure footed. Just need to get the ACC to work now (has died with height error).

Vehicle Type: Panel van 150 manual LWB converted to camper type J70
Original Load Rating: T30
Ride Height Front: 410
Ride Height Rear: 410
Rake: 0
Springs: KW ST-X
Dampeners: KW ST-X
ARB: H&R
Wheel size: 20"
Tyre model: Falken Azenis fk510 suv, front 255/45, rear Davanti 275/40
Normal load: full camper conversion plus sailing/camping gear and boat trailer
Ride Comfort: Excellent, firm but not harsh, corners well on roundabouts minimal roll. Pot holes just a dull thud... brakes level, no nodding donkey feel.

C42ADF55-F8F5-4009-A98B-51EE7CFB4961.jpegVehicle Type: T6.1 4motion SWB DSG Panel van Kombi-Camper conversion
Original Load Rating: T32
Ride Height Front: 400
Ride Height Rear: 410
Rake: slightly front down
Springs: H&R 29270-2 -40mm (rear, can't see front code but assuming the same)
Dampeners: Bilstein B8 22-197337 Front B8 24-109130 Rear
ARB: VW Factory
Wheel size: 17" 'Devonport'
Tyre model: Michelin Latitude Cross 235/55/17 103H XL
Normal load: 3x 70kg humans 1x 40kg retriever, load bed slide out, & Exploria Kombi bed
Ride Comfort: 'Softish' possibly slightly under-damped (esp front) & slightly under-sprung??
A bit of a gentle nod as pull up to a halt which irritates me.
Plus the REAL ANNOYANCE is ADAS will NOT CALIBRATE after having the windscreen replaced:mad: & wonder if this is rake related??

Looking to lift back to almost standard ride height (or very limited lowering) to gain some ground-clearance & hopefully solve the ADAS not calibrating as 'out of parameters' error, so looking for suggestions/input from @CRS Performance for better springs & dampers than the factory T32 parts I have.

Last edited:
Anyone considered removing the 30 odd kg of weight of spare wheel in the wrong place right at the back and just using a road side tyre repair kit ? No idea how I could safely change a wheel on the roadside anyway
Did you finally remove it? Im about to do it and add a repair kit! It looks ridiculous, and no way im doing it on a road side or on middle of the mountain

Did you finally remove it? Im about to do it and add a repair kit! It looks ridiculous, and no way im doing it on a road side or on middle of the mountain
I removed mine. Yesterday i thought i would put it back for the trip to Bala this weekend. My van is lowered about 65mm. There was no way i could get the spare back in. So i gave up thinking there is no point carrying it if i cant get it out from under the van.

Hi, did you get the one in the link (450ml) up to 20” rim or the 620ml kit up to 24”? Does the liquid have an expiry date?

Hi, did you get the one in the link (450ml) up to 20” rim or the 620ml kit up to 24”? Does the liquid have an expiry date?

I have the 450ml one 20" wheels fitted, I guess you could buy the 620 for extra confidence. The liquid bottle has an expiry date of 04/2027 - I've had it about 6 months. 5 years about the same as recommended lifespan of a tyre. The spare tyre will of course be out of date soon...

A passing thought. The pump needs a 12v socket, the wire is just long enough to reach all 4 wheels on mine. I have a 12v socket under the drivers seat powered the leisure battery. To inflate the off side tyres I pass the pump wire through the van offside window, just reaches the rear offside. You'll likely need a 12v extension lead if using the van 12v socket on the dash board to reach the rear tyres

Last edited:
I have the 450ml one 20" wheels fitted, I guess you could buy the 620 for extra confidence. The liquid bottle has an expiry date of 04/2027 - I've had it about 6 months. 5 years about the same as recommended lifespan of a tyre. The spare tyre will of course be out of date soon...

A passing thought. The pump needs a 12v socket, the wire is just long enough to reach all 4 wheels on mine. I have a 12v socket under the drivers seat powered the leisure battery. To inflate the off side tyres I pass the pump wire through the van offside window, just reaches the rear offside. You'll likely need a 12v extension lead if using the van 12v socket on the dash board to reach the rear tyres
Thanks. I have a socket in the dash and one off the leisure battery near the rear NS light. Ordered 450ml, currently running 19” rims.

Vehicle Type: 2020 T6.1 Transporter 150hp 4Motion LWB
Original Load Rating: 3000kg / T30
Ride Height Front: 495
Ride Height Rear: 500
Springs: Eibach Pro Lift kit +35mm springs (Eibach E21-HÖ-T6.1)
Dampeners: OEM from factory
Wheel size: 18x7.5J Amarok Steel rims
Tyre model: General Grabber AT3 235/55R18 all around
Normal load: 100kg cargo
Ride Comfort: As harsh as with OEM springs, comfort dampers needed.

555C2ED9-9E91-46FE-A2BB-DA09369967A9.jpeg

Vehicle Type: 2020 T6.1 Transporter 150hp 4Motion LWB
Original Load Rating: 3000kg / T30
Ride Height Front: 495
Ride Height Rear: 500
Springs: Eibach Pro Lift kit +35mm springs (Eibach E21-HÖ-T6.1)
Dampeners: OEM from factory
Wheel size: 18x7.5J Amarok Steel rims
Tyre model: General Grabber AT3 235/55R18 all around
Normal load: 100kg cargo
Ride Comfort: As harsh as with OEM springs, comfort dampers needed.

View attachment 160900
Im thinking in upgrade to the eibach pro lift kit as well with OEM dampers... How does it feels like? more saggi sideways? or same but higher? The springs i got are for t32 and my van is t28 almost no weight on the back, it feels HORRIBLE off roading and street holes... Rebound is super fast and hard.

Im thinking in upgrade to the eibach pro lift kit as well with OEM dampers... How does it feels like? more saggi sideways? or same but higher? The springs i got are for t32 and my van is t28 almost no weight on the back, it feels HORRIBLE off roading and street holes... Rebound is super fast and hard.
With eibach pro lift kit, the van feels like same as from factory, i cant really even tell its higher when driving, it doesn't sag or lean any more in the corners than before. Only time i feel the height is when i climb into the van and hop off. The ride is as harsh than it was before, with light loads the van feels real stiff from factory. Theres a saying in the finnish transporter community that Transporters ride the best when there is 500kg in the back. I might upgrade to comfort dampers later on. The eibach springs were thicker than the originals, but not longer, so i strongly believe the raised ride height wont kill the OEM dampers any faster than without the eibachs.

They raised the back 30mm and front 32-33mm with light load in the back.

17522CD1-6FA3-411C-AC9F-DDCDC12A964A.jpeg

Vehicle Type: Factory Kombi
Ride Height Front: 380mm
Ride Height Rear: 390mm
Rake: 10mm - slight nose-down
Springs: KW STX
Dampeners: KW STX
ARB: OEM
Wheel size: 19” (245/45/19)
Tyre model: Rotalla Setula S Race
Normal load: solo/two up - no added weight in the rear / 2x push bikes
Ride comfort: firmer but not harsh. always avoid potholes regardless of what I am driving

Front is wound right down and considering removing the threaded part of the rear adjuster as it is wound down fully too - this would give me a few mm extra lows at the back I assume?

4E6695C8-10BE-467E-8B89-6FE9C0D4481C.jpeg

View attachment 169140

Ride comfort: firmer but not harsh. always avoid potholes regardless of what I am driving

Front is wound right down and considering removing the threaded part of the rear adjuster as it is wound down fully too - this would give me a few mm extra lows at the back I assume?

View attachment 169142
If the front is right down and you only have 10mm raje, if you take that out then i am pretty sure you will be nose up.
I am surprised as i have an adjuster delete fitted at the rear and am not all the way fiwn on the front.

If the front is right down and you only have 10mm raje, if you take that out then i am pretty sure you will be nose up.
I am surprised as i have an adjuster delete fitted at the rear and am not all the way fiwn on the front.
Got a pic please @Skyliner33 ?
Was/is yours a PV? Maybe the OEM suspension differs between PV and Kombi?

In some photos my van looks to have much more than a 10mm rake… there is literally only the 3 seater bench in the back, plus the towbar and spare wheel of course.

B090474C-330C-4D44-A5F8-9AAA765AD505.jpeg
1B1EAC40-A089-4C55-A987-17AB8D4858A7.jpeg

View attachment 169140

View attachment 169142
I have the KW STX springs and dampers on my T30 LWB camper. Very happy with ride and handling. Mine were installed by Steve Hurley at CRS Performance in Cannock. Might be worth giving Steve a call to confirm the ride height settings.. I also have H&R ARBs which make a difference too.

Vehicle Type: 2019 T6 2L TSi Petrol SWB
Load Rating: T28
Ride Height Front: 450mm
Ride Height Rear: 420mm
Front springs: Standard*
Rear springs:
Standard*
Dampers:
Factory*
Anti-roll bars:
Factory*
Wheel Size:
Tyre size: 255/40/R20
Tyre model: Michelin
Normal load: Full conversion, pop top, 2 people, 2 dogs
Comfort: A tad wobbly and a bit crashy on rougher surfaces.

* I'm guessing these are standard*

**Silly question alert**
Would putting a 40mm lowering kit then bring the front to 410mm and the rear to 380mm? Or do you mix and match springs to even the old girl out?

Van.JPG

Back