Ride Height Survey

Springs for ride height, better shock absorbers for a less crashy ride and beefier anti roll bars for a firmer flatter ride through bends, stop at better shocks and springs only with std arbs if you want mid price range car like handling.
B14s and H&R Arbs here so no drama or mid bend will writing sessions here in our swb camper.IMG20210924110619_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Last edited:
Vehicle Type: 2019 T6 2L TSi Petrol SWB
Load Rating: T28
Ride Height Front: 450mm
Ride Height Rear: 420mm
Front springs: Standard*
Rear springs:
Standard*
Dampers:
Factory*
Anti-roll bars:
Factory*
Wheel Size:
Tyre size: 255/40/R20
Tyre model: Michelin
Normal load: Full conversion, pop top, 2 people, 2 dogs
Comfort: A tad wobbly and a bit crashy on rougher surfaces.

* I'm guessing these are standard*

**Silly question alert**
Would putting a 40mm lowering kit then bring the front to 410mm and the rear to 380mm? Or do you mix and match springs to even the old girl out?

View attachment 171438
@Cuffy have a read of this thread…. and definitely speak to Steve @CRS Performance :thumbsup:

Im thinking in upgrade to the eibach pro lift kit as well with OEM dampers... How does it feels like? more saggi sideways? or same but higher? The springs i got are for t32 and my van is t28 almost no weight on the back, it feels HORRIBLE off roading and street holes... Rebound is super fast and hard.
The T32 spring is designed to carry a ton fitting them to lift an empty van NOT a good idea , give us a call and we can tell you how to do it properly

steve

Vehicle Type: 2019 T6 2L TSi Petrol SWB
Load Rating: T28
Ride Height Front: 450mm
Ride Height Rear: 420mm
Front springs: Standard*
Rear springs:
Standard*
Dampers:
Factory*
Anti-roll bars:
Factory*
Wheel Size:
Tyre size: 255/40/R20
Tyre model: Michelin
Normal load: Full conversion, pop top, 2 people, 2 dogs
Comfort: A tad wobbly and a bit crashy on rougher surfaces.

* I'm guessing these are standard*

**Silly question alert**
Would putting a 40mm lowering kit then bring the front to 410mm and the rear to 380mm? Or do you mix and match springs to even the old girl out?

View attachment 171438
Fitting after market springs to a camper can be a minefield and rarely gives a nice ride. We dont want the rear lower than the front for safety reasons..
give us a call ands we can talk you through a proper solution

Fitting after market springs to a camper can be a minefield and rarely gives a nice ride. We dont want the rear lower than the front for safety reasons..
give us a call ands we can talk you through a proper solution
Cheers Steve for the advice on the phone earlier, was hoping you were going to tell me it could be done with springs only :rofl:
Once all the house renovations have been finished I will be in contact again.
Cuffy aka Rob.

Cheers Steve for the advice on the phone earlier, was hoping you were going to tell me it could be done with springs only :rofl:
Once all the house renovations have been finished I will be in contact again.
Cuffy aka Rob.
We can get lt looking right with just springs , but the ride quality is the big concern hence shockers needed

Hi, new to the forum although been lurking in the background.

Vehicle Type:
2016 EU5 T6 102 Startline PV
Load Rating: T30
Ride Height Front: 400mm
Ride Height Rear: 390mm - Rock and Roll bed not fitted to rear so I am sure this will drop lower when fitted.
Front springs: JOM Coilover (previous owner fitted)
Rear springs:
JOM Coilover
Dampers: JOM
Anti-roll bars:
Factory
Wheel Size: 20
Tyre size: 265/40/R20
Tyre model: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5
Normal load: Full conversion, 1 person but 3/4 people over weekends
Comfort: Not actually too bad, driving dual carriageway. Quite smooth, but this is on straight roads not much in town driving.

My concern is that the cheap coilovers that have been fitted may *fail*.

I quite like the look of how it is but don't want to compromise ride quality if it would be better to rise up slightly for better longevity.

Any thoughts?

1.jpgERNF9643.JPG

Hi there , and welcome !!
The JOMs are certainly not rated highly and are prone to failure . When you are ready for a serious conversation about improving the suspension . please feel free to ring us . We are easy to talk to wont rip you off an happy to give advice
Steve 07469785932

Just bought a T6 T32 2.0tdi 150ps 2016 shuttle all factory spec. Dampers needs changing so looking for an upgrade vs stock. Plan to stick to factory 17" inch or even swap to 16" as doing many miles and savings on smaller tyres are to be considered through the year.
Was about to get a second hand b14 kit but after reading through the forum past few days I think that koni dampers (not coilovers?) plus eibach lowering springs (-35mm?) is the way forward. Looking to keep the costs down can anyone help with the koni part numbers so could look for something used?
Many many thanks!

Just bought a T6 T32 2.0tdi 150ps 2016 shuttle all factory spec. Dampers needs changing so looking for an upgrade vs stock. Plan to stick to factory 17" inch or even swap to 16" as doing many miles and savings on smaller tyres are to be considered through the year.
Was about to get a second hand b14 kit but after reading through the forum past few days I think that koni dampers (not coilovers?) plus eibach lowering springs (-35mm?) is the way forward. Looking to keep the costs down can anyone help with the koni part numbers so could look for something used?
Many many thanks!
Hi there If max comfort is needed use KONI active dampers at standard height .( 30 mm lower maybe ) for lower applications we use special KONI sport short shocks , i would suggest calling us as we have more experience than any one else with KONI shocks and they build a lot of these parts under our guidance !

PS would be cautious with the Eibach springs we have seen problems , there sare better solutions in fact

We rarely see or get used KONI dampers , But ill see what we have that could help save some money . where are you based and who would fit this for you ??

Thanks that's kind of you. We are down south.
Our regular mechanic would probably fit them then would like to see @BognorMotors for adjustments but after replacing all bushes etc

Found the bushes kit off fleabay do you think it would be suitable?

Screenshot_20221220-111214_eBay.jpg

Our regular mechanic would probably fit them then would like to see @BognorMotors for adjustments but after replacing all bushes etc

View attachment 182563

Have a look on the Powerflex web site they are better quality than the ones you have seen Road Series - Powerflex - Performance Polyurethane Bushes we can offer less 20 % on all those parts so do a comparison , looks like all 4 anti roll bushes and 4 x control arm sets ?? , What mileage is there on your van ??
it will be quite expensive fitting bushes they are a be i ich !!

Last edited:

View attachment 182563
My advice is go to Powerflex bushes if these are needed - We are a dealer for them. Happy to align it correctly after you've had it fitted, which is key to get the best out of your vehicle.

It may be best to get your suspension checked first as you may not need all, if any, dependant on wear and mileage. We are a dealer for all the very best suspension solutions, so come and try before you buy - This way you can feel the difference first.

Good point. What's the diameter of big brakes Vs standard if anyone knows please?

The van is 100k mileage all original and it doesn't look good from the undersides nor drive best either as such I'd think to swap everything in one go.

Know the powerflex are best but don't want to spend as much and hope the cheap and cheerful fleabay kit should be better than regular rubbers? Sort of mid ground?

That looks a complete package including sub frame would that be worth it?
There are 6 anti roll bar bushes and 8 control arm bushes , that is what the picture you attached shows there are 4 sub frame bushes as well also a bitch to do but i dont think they are included in that picture , As Bognor said might be worth checking the standard ones before diving in and spending a lot of money for nothing

Back