Rib bed value?

Panch

T6 Pro
At the moment I have a T6 kombi and I’m thinking of removing the rear seats and fitting a Rib type seat / bed.
my question is
would the value of my van be higher with a rib bed fitted compared to having its original seats when it comes to resale?

just trying to see if it’s worth spending nearly 3K

thanks

I would base your decision on how you plan to use the vehicle. There are many bed platforms that work with the kombi seats laid flat but you need a decent mattress on top. The rib bed is a more comfortable option to sleep on and probably only needs a topper - this is the option we are planning to have. (All this is based on research).

Another option might be to have caravelle rails and a fold flat triple seat fitted. Very desireable and original VW equipment. You’ll need a platform in the very rear 1/3 and still need a topper. You have the added bonus of being able to slide the seat all the way forwards or all the way back.

Caravelle price comparable to the RIB maybe a little more though your kombi 2/1 seats, brackets, floor and belts will have a good residual value.

Ian

Back