Seatbelts stuck on Rib bed

Hi
I have a rib bed which has been covered in auto leather. Looks lovely but the seatbelts get stuck between the leaves of the bed and don’t retract properly. Seems to be the junction of the two seat and rear leaf where the problem arises. Guessing it’s because the leatherette is a bit loose and the seatbelt doesn’t run freely enough in that location - particularly as the belt also goes behind the frame of the bed which must add friction. Anyone have similar issues or know how to fix?
Thanks
Pete

Hi pete, the rear cushion can be adjusted to sit slightly further away. Have a look at the brackets either side of the rear cushion. The holes in the bracket are elongated. Undo the 4 nuts and see if it will slide back a little.
If you have a board on the rear of the bed, then it could also be this. Before fitting the board we fit a 8mm self adhesive rubber to create a gap. You could use something similar to create a gap.

Hi pete, the rear cushion can be adjusted to sit slightly further away. Have a look at the brackets either side of the rear cushion. The holes in the bracket are elongated. Undo the 4 nuts and see if it will slide back a little.
If you have a board on the rear of the bed, then it could also be this. Before fitting the board we fit a 8mm self adhesive rubber to create a gap. You could use something similar to create a gap.
Thanks. I think it’s mainly the fabric of the bed rubbing the seatbelt strap between the seat and rear leaf. I’ve tried adjusting the rear leaf to give a bit more room but that made it hard for the bed to go flat as the rear leaf is right up tight against the back. Any ideas of a spacer I could use to stop the fabric causing friction on the seatbelt?

Thanks. I think it’s mainly the fabric of the bed rubbing the seatbelt strap between the seat and rear leaf. I’ve tried adjusting the rear leaf to give a bit more room but that made it hard for the bed to go flat as the rear leaf is right up tight against the back. Any ideas of a spacer I could use to stop the fabric causing friction on the seatbelt?
It sounds like the beds fitted 5mm to far back.
Not sure how you could add any type of spacer to be honest. But ( this may sound daft ! ) I was just having a conversation with someone who had bought a motorbike helmet. It turned out it was to tight for him after several rides. So he put a inner tube inside it and pumped it up. The helmet is now a perfect fit.
So it may be possible to leave some pressure on the cushion for 24 hours in the position its catching.
Not the perfect awnser but it may do the trick.

My RIB bed has always had the problem with seat belts not winding in or out, never knew there was an adjustment. No one ever sits in the back when we're driving so never bothered to try and rectify. Need to get van back to converter to get the roof realigned so I'll mention it then.

Back