RIB Seat / Bed in a LWB Kombi

Jasont6

VIP Member
Hi

Has anyone put in a RIB seat / bed in a Kombi? Did you you need to make any alterations to the rubber floor to fit it?

I’m not looking to take out the Kombi brackets .

Thanks

I’ve got a Streamline bed in mine, bolted down at the rear and then leave the 2+1’s in place unless we need to use the Streamline.

No need to do anything to the rubber floor as the bed is bolted through it.

In the winter I run as a 2 + 3 + 3 seats and in the summer I take the middle row out and run as a 2 + 3 seats.

Personally, and I’m a big lump, I found the RIB a bit flimsy, pretty sure I’d break the 1st foot/thigh section just climbing onto the bed as there’s no bracing under it.

Personally I wouldn't fit one on top of the rubber floor.
If you check out the front seats as vw fitted them. They are not on the rubber floor.
We have done a few but always new ply floor with vinyl goes down first, then bed. You can still add the kombi seat brackets to this.
At least this way its fixed on to a solid surface.
The other way maybe OK, but it didn't seem right to me.

Thanks for your replies.

I was aiming to keep it as simple a change as possible.

What thickness ply is usually used for the floor? I assume that plus a vinyl finish is similar depth overall to the original Kombi rubber? Or are there usually some effects on the step/threshold strips etc ?

If you use 9mm ply batons in floor gaps, 12mm ply floor and vinyl 1 -2 mm think then this works well. It can not be any thicker as your kombi floor mount covers/surrounds won't clip back into place.
If you would like a quote then your welcome to drop us a Message.

Back