Revo Review in more detail.

@Tourershine you should write for the mags, you've a really entertaining writing style, Campervan mag seem desperate for input lately, they might take a general piece on mapping, you could rattle it off in an hour.... couple of nice van pics, a really simple graph, Bob Sherunkel - and its a free ad for your business...

Some of my mates get me to write adverts out for car's they are selling, and I was even asked by another mate if i'd write out something for his dating app profile. Much of my humour comes from being very dry and if you ask my wife or kids to describe me in one word, they'd say 'moody' I'm just misunderstood:whistle:

Thanks though.

How does the average insurance company apply the increase in cash. Few quid extra or a massive wallop ?

How does the average insurance company apply the increase in cash. Few quid extra or a massive wallop ?
Nothing added on mine they said it’s ok if just a stage 1 remap. Most mods with Brentacre are free and don’t alter the premium

Some of my mates get me to write adverts out for car's they are selling, and I was even asked by another mate if i'd write out something for his dating app profile. Much of my humour comes from being very dry and if you ask my wife or kids to describe me in one word, they'd say 'moody' I'm just misunderstood:whistle:

Thanks though.
Aren’t we all......misunderstood :rofl:

Mmm interesting I just had a stage 1 Revo done and the torq doesnt seem too different, there does seem to be more power at 2000 revs, could just be me, I will pop back and speak with them
Cant increase HP without increasing Torque. They are linked Mathematically, horsepower equals torque multiplied by rpm. H = T x rpm/5252, where H is horsepower, T is pound-feet, rpm is how fast the engine is spinning, and 5252rpm is a constant that is where the lines for Torque and HP cross (is the same).

Thanks though.
Have you compared your Revo map to T6180 Pendle map? If so how do they compare? Thanks

A great write up @Tourershine
My van is pretty much where I want it cosmetically. The one thing I have resisted is a remap! (Possibly after getting my A4 remapped and not being overly impressed with the ‘spikey’ Celtic map) I might have to consider the Revo now I’m out of warranty... I find the 150 quite easy to drive, does the remap retain the linearity of the standard map or is it ‘spikey’ in its delivery? What sort of real world mpg increase can be achieved if driven in the same style? @BognorMotors

The good thing with reaps is in most cases you will achieve the same MPG as before and in some case more, due to the torque increase and ability to get into higher gears earlier - This of course doesn't apply int he first month, where you will rag it everywhere!

A great write up @Tourershine
My van is pretty much where I want it cosmetically. The one thing I have resisted is a remap! (Possibly after getting my A4 remapped and not being overly impressed with the ‘spikey’ Celtic map) I might have to consider the Revo now I’m out of warranty... I find the 150 quite easy to drive, does the remap retain the linearity of the standard map or is it ‘spikey’ in its delivery? What sort of real world mpg increase can be achieved if driven in the same style? @BognorMotors

Think smooth waves of torque that sweep you along. Maybe a tad prosaic but good torque beats high revs every time in my book

Interesting and positive review there Tourershine, where did you get your map from, was it done at Transporter HQ or by Revo itself which i know is fairly local to those of us in Leicestershire.

Back