Reversing Mirror Dip

Lukeda

Hi guys
Got a new t6 and would love the electric mirrors to dip when I put the vehicle in reverse to see the wheels etc.

Has anybody done this?
I know it's doable in a golf and other VW's

Cheers

Luke

Not doable on T6. T6 belongs to another branch of the family than Golf. We are missing separate door electronics control modules - which handles among other things mirror dipping.

Possible a new feature on the T6.1? My new car describes this in the user manual, however I'm not able to make this work. Anyone with success?

Possible a new feature on the T6.1? My new car describes this in the user manual, however I'm not able to make this work. Anyone with success?

If it's anything like my Golf or my wife's Mini, the mirror adjuster toggle has to be in a certain position, so just try it in all positions.

If it's anything like my Golf or my wife's Mini, the mirror adjuster toggle has to be in a certain position, so just try it in all positions.
Thanks, I'll troubleshoot more tomorrow. I think it has to be in "R" (Right), as I read the manual. The Skoda I had 14 years ago had same feature, not really important - but fairly cool ;-).

It is normally a feature of VWs with memory seats Module fitted.

Hi, I have T6 with memory seats but this option does not work (had it in 2001 Passat...). I tried in "R" position but without luck. What more, sets memory works for the seat but not for the mirrors. When I restore setting mirrors are not setted. Is this sth I can turn on?

In our Tig, to set the desired angle of dipping, you adjust the left hand mirror with reverse gear engaged. The mirror adjuster switch needs to be set to the L position for the mirror to dip automatically when selecting reverse from then on. That way you have the option of keeping an eye on your rear wheel when reversing close to a kerb, or leaving the mirrors in the normal position for reversing trailers.

As said before, it's not an option on VW commercials. I guess the mirrors are big enough to cover all bases as they are.

Storing with reverse gear engaged does not work. I will check in manual today if there is anything about that, strange but this should be quite "standard" option as from ages is in different VWs...

I have recently bought a 6 month old T6.1 and would like to know if it is possible to activate the passenger mirror dip when reversing and if so how do you activate and set up?

I have recently bought a 6 month old T6.1 and would like to know if it is possible to activate the passenger mirror dip when reversing and if so how do you activate and set up?
This has got me wondering if it is possible on a 6.1 as it’s based on the golf platform.

I’d also like to know if this is possible! I’m weighing in if it’s worth getting the OBDEleven because it has that module/“app” for enabling this feature

I tried this a few months back with my 6.1 using Carista. The option then appears in your vehicle settings as a tick box. But no luck with the mirrors actually dipping. I didn't dig any further into this so I'm not sure if I missed something or maybe its not possible.

According to the manual I can do this on my 6.1 but I haven’t tried it yet. Also the instructions appear to be for lhd so you need to have the mirror control in the L position not R

Reactions: dj_
According to the manual I can do this on my 6.1 but I haven’t tried it yet. Also the instructions appear to be for lhd so you need to have the mirror control in the L position not R
Let me know how you get on, btw mine is a LHD

Reversing, braking, indicators, cycle lane or disabled parking bay detection and even ignoring red lights are all automatically configured on a white van as the “White Van Man” module is factory installed. There’s an aftermarket upgrade available too - I think it is called “Ford badge” - which updates the dashboard to accommodate order books, invoice pads, multiple biros and assorted rubbish!

Back