Reversing Mirror Dip

In some VW's it's only possible with electric / memory seats.

I've never found it necessary in either the van or Amarok as the mirrors are bigger than in a car.

I tried following the manual but can’t seem to get it to work! I would actually like this feature, I’m still not used to the size of the van and I REALLY don’t want to scratch the nice wheels I put on it

I activated it via Carista but didn’t work! Did the same for Wifes Q2 & noticed it has to have mirror switch set to passenger. Hoping that works for mine but she’s in having interior work atm so can’t check!

I have T6, electric seats with memory and tried - does not work :( it's a pity because this is quite basic feature...

Not doable on T6. T6 belongs to another branch of the family than Golf. We are missing separate door electronics control modules - which handles among other things mirror dipping.
As mentioned by Matti above, mirror dipping is not possible on T6(PQ25) in the OEM way. Basically both mirrors are controlled manually via switch and fed directly from the fused ignition supply(and not via any control module).

I've had this feature on a few previous BMW's and on my Tiguan R-Line, it's very useful and I miss it.

I have T6, electric seats with memory and tried - does not work :( it's a pity because this is quite basic feature...
Dang- was really hoping the missing element was the mirror switch! :(
Correct, it works on PQ35 and MQB vehicles. I am also missing this feature as I have it on my other cars.
But not too much worries as I have a plan and I am going to implement my own aftermarket solution soon.
Keep us posted! SUPER useful to have this!!

Did anybody ever get this working on the T6.1?
BCM modification is quite obvious on MQB platform but T6.1 door modules are not documented in VCDS yet.
I did a bit of experimenting but unfortunately my access time to my "guinea pig" was quite limited and no result yet.

@Robert if you have any info to share i may find some time to look into it on my garage queen, i just wrote it off as too in depth thinking it required seat memory modules etc ??

Reactions: mmi
@Robert if you have any info to share i may find some time to look into it on my garage queen, i just wrote it off as too in depth thinking it required seat memory modules etc ??
I am out of the country at the moment and no access to my notes.
Memory seats are not required for mirror dip function to work.

Back