Returnofthemac DIYish Build Thread (up for all suggestions and pointers)

What's the plan then?
Interior looks neat, is that your own handiwork or that of the previous owner?
Previous owner did all you can see not made any changes yet.

First job poptop (there’s roof bars with a fixed solar panel - not connected to anything), considering our options there. I’d like something like stealth b2 my husband is keen on austop reviews. Visiting companies over the Easter holidays.

Keen for a through the badge hook up, with solar and leisure battery. Looking into set ups. Few lights. Charging points etc.

Hoping to do a U shape seating area/bed with under storage and small kitchen area. Not fussed on doing lots of cooking in it.
But need seat belts in the back so it might not work out.

Exciting times!

Are those the transporter HQ safari windows? Got any better pics from the inside please?
TeeCeeJay is right. They are trade glass. I’ve done a bit of a video but it was harder than I thought to film one handed haha! They are self supporting and you can fix them in place. Vent option also. Black out blinds fitted.

Hoping to do a U shape seating area/bed with under storage and small kitchen area. Not fussed on doing lots of cooking in it.
But need seat belts in the back so it might not work out.
As far as I found when researching our conversion. This is the only U shaped with seat belt available.

Update: we’ve ordered a poptop dropping the van off next week.
Also having the solar panel replaced with a flexible adhesive one.

We’ve changed our mind about the u shape - going traditional. The u shapes we saw just took up too much space in the van, limiting the options. Something to come back to in future builds when we don’t need belts and isofix in the back!!

Got lots of scandi style inspo for the interior…

Thinking ppp set up for the electrics, stealth hook up of some kind.

The only modification we’ve made is we have fitted the ezee seat covers which we had with the van purchase… things are moving - slowly!!

IMG_7859.jpeg

IMG_7867.jpeg

IMG_7868.jpeg

Update: we’ve ordered a poptop dropping the van off next week.
Also having the solar panel replaced with a flexible adhesive one.

We’ve changed our mind about the u shape - going traditional. The u shapes we saw just took up too much space in the van, limiting the options. Something to come back to in future builds when we don’t need belts and isofix in the back!!

Got lots of scandi style inspo for the interior…

Thinking ppp set up for the electrics, stealth hook up of some kind.

The only modification we’ve made is we have fitted the ezee seat covers which we had with the van purchase… things are moving - slowly!!

View attachment 236676

View attachment 236677

View attachment 236678
Just noticed that your twin seat has the fold down arm rest thing. That's not very common is it?

Back