Retrofit rear PDC

I guess this one is obvious but let’s confirm anyway: PDC module 10 long coding has a bit for OPS Display that should be enabled - did you set that? I dont recall the byte/bit on top of my head but there’s only few bytes on that module.

Yes, this is the one that requires security access? If so then yes it has been activated I have attempted numerous searches for further info to no avail

Yes, this is the one that requires security access? If so then yes it has been activated I have attempted numerous searches for further info to no avail
No, PDC module 10 doesn’t require security access - or at least mine doesn’t.

Oh and regarding the earlier question: your headunit should be fine to show the OPS display.

This is not T6 specific but might give some hints on which adaptations to play with: OPS screen on Discover Media 2 is driving me MAD!

Also I found these PDC installation instructions for Golf 7, the coding is at the end of the pdf. However I’m not sure if this is for MFD display only or for headunit: https://carsystems.home.pl/marcin/support/VW_Golf_MK7-_PDC_ANG_v10.pdf

Will try this tonight once I’m home from work, thanks really appreciate it! It’s driving me nuts!

Update! Breakthrough - I now have park pilot functioning on my head unit! I have attached a photo of the adaption which was needed in module 5f to enable this.

My only question now is, does the park pilot usually switch off once taken back out of reverse gear or is there usually a delay? This may be because I’m not driving away at speed (testing on the drive) however it seems to stay on just a little bit longer than I would like? If this is so can this be changed via VCDS?

15827B3D-761A-4AFE-A257-E4751A18CD5E.jpeg

Update! Breakthrough - I now have park pilot functioning on my head unit! I have attached a photo of the adaption which was needed in module 5f to enable this.

My only question now is, does the park pilot usually switch off once taken back out of reverse gear or is there usually a delay? This may be because I’m not driving away at speed (testing on the drive) however it seems to stay on just a little bit longer than I would like? If this is so can this be changed via VCDS?

View attachment 137045
Good to hear you got it sorted!

Afaik Park Pilot stays on until a) manually switched off by pressing P b) ignition off or c) drive at a speed over a threshold. I think the threshold speed can be adapted but as far as I know it never disengages by time only.

Ah okay just as I thought. It would of made sense if it would switch of once taken out of reverses.

Anyhow, thanks for clearing that up for me, again, thanks all for the input!

I think it stays on for the moments when you are back and forwards shimmying into a tight parking space, I think the standard deactivation is forwards at 10kmh ?

Some experiments on Park Pilot switch off speed limits when moving forward or reversing here:

Hi all.
I need to replace the rear sensors on my bus, after the previous owner had painted over them in a move to carry out a cheap respray job. This has changed the accuracy of the sensor itself so I want them replaced. Did i read somewhere that it is best to replace sensor holder bracket at the same time, or should it be a case of being able to pull out/unplug the sensor and plug in a new one..... ?

Hi all.
I need to replace the rear sensors on my bus, after the previous owner had painted over them in a move to carry out a cheap respray job. This has changed the accuracy of the sensor itself so I want them replaced. Did i read somewhere that it is best to replace sensor holder bracket at the same time, or should it be a case of being able to pull out/unplug the sensor and plug in a new one..... ?
I don’t see why the brackets would need to be changed. But sensors are pretty tight fit to the brackets, perhaps it’s easy to break them while removing sensors?

Hi @xtpv

I'm fitting rear and front PDC using the same kit as you. Wanted to double check if you recall where the unterminated cables go that you needed to connect.

On mine I have a:

DASH LOOM:
Red - (I assume 12v switched - middle row of dash fuse box)
Brown - (assume negative / ground point)
Yellow - (no idea where this goes) ?

REAR LOOM:
Orange & Black (this looks like the buzzer cables, but I don't know which slot these should go in the connector) ?

Hoping you can shed some light!

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @wheelbarrow,

In terms of where cables need connected I followed the stickers that comes on each of the little bags with each loom, however I only fitted rear sensors so not sure if this will differ for you.

If you have received the stickers/info on the bags recieved please upload them to jog my memory so that I can try assist you

Im not familiar with the vagtec loom but on the stuff i know its dependant on what kit you are adding

rear loom
Orange = CAN high - BCM 19
Brown = CAN low - BCM 18
Black = 0V Negative Supply
Red = 12V Positive supply

front loom
Yellow = Pin 13 in 16 pin plug
Blue = Pin 4 in 16 pin plug

Brown = Negative for 'P' button illumination
Grey = Illumination for 'P' button - tap into
grey/blue positive wire for switch illumination
on any dash switch or dash light dimming dia

Thanks @xtpv - kit didn't have any stickers - hahaha

Thanks @Pauly - didn't think about the switch illumination - I looked for the yellow in the main connector on module end of the dash loom and couldn't see it, so it must be in the P switch connector, which makes sense if it's for illumination.

Recently bought a 2018 T6 Transporter. The van does not have any factory installed park assist, so backing up in a crowded parking lot is a challenge. So, I’m going to install rear parking sensors and my first choice is to install the original system with OPS. Found couple of online shops selling compatible packages, but not a single garage/mechanic in Finland who would be up to the job - the most adventurous ones are only willing to do VCDS programming for 100eur, but installation would need to be done by myself. My biggest challenge is lack of instruction. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the rear park assist for t6? Particularly curious where the PDC module should be placed and what I should be connecting it to? Thanks for any info!

You can buy retrofit kits to do it in the factory style, it’s reasonably involved as the wiring runs the length of the van, control module and speaker go in the lower dash area and the bumper needs to come off to cut the holes in it (requires a particular tool to do it neatly)
If you are happy/confident to take things apart etc then it is achievable but it’s certainly not an hour or two job

@mmi is from your part of the world and may be able to advise regards programming etc ?

You can buy retrofit kits to do it in the factory style, it’s reasonably involved as the wiring runs the length of the van, control module and speaker go in the lower dash area and the bumper needs to come off to cut the holes in it (requires a particular tool to do it neatly)
If you are happy/confident to take things apart etc then it is achievable but it’s certainly not an hour or two job

@mmi is from your part of the world and may be able to advise regards programming etc ?
Thanks, Pauly. Yes, I am considering exactly one of these retrofit kits that's supposed to work exactly as the factory installed system. I would gladly have a shop do the installation, but out of 10 shops I spoke with only 2 were willing to do the coding - others said they don't do this type of work. I'd say I'm pretty handy, but to decide whether I'm ready to undertake this project I would like to have a better understanding of the scale. Taking off the bumper is within my comfort zone :)

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the rear park assist for t6?
In the downloads:

Particularly curious where the PDC module should be placed
OEM location in the downloads - page 42
For a retrofit perhaps easier just to put under left seat?

The van does not have any factory installed park assist, so backing up in a crowded parking lot is a challenge.
How about a camera retrofit?

Back