Rear Camera Speed Switching

Depron Donkey

140 DSG Kombi Red, 150 DSG Kombi Bamboo Green
VCDS User
T6 Pro
hi, anyone know if there is a way of getting the camera to stay on however fast you reverse. The faster you go the camera turns off, just when you need it!
Andy.

hi, anyone know if there is a way of getting the camera to stay on however fast you reverse. The faster you go the camera turns off, just when you need it!
Andy.
That’s a new one on me, never experienced it. At what speed does it switch off?

That’s a new one on me, never experienced it. At what speed does it switch off?
Just checking another VW forum, its set to work up to 10kph and it is adjustable via VCDS. Just got to find out how!’

I dont remember seeing it in VCDS so im guessing its not a coding option, if its available i think it will be an adaption channel (quite possibly in module 10 as this seems to control the camera ?)

Interesting... :speechless:
Indeed there is in module 10 an adaptation channel "MAS02042-Deactivation limitation" set to 15km/h from the factory.
I have been thinking it's for disabling parking sensors when going forward. Never thought about reversing but have noticed that "vehicle speed" on the bus is always ≥0 even when reversing.

Last edited:
Not looked into it in any great depth, but a number of VW system react to driving away, Locking, ec so I assumed there was a message sent on the bus once the drive off threshold was passed that systems referred to, but also assumed these could be overridden.. you need to experiment and report the results.

Lets us know if you receive a speeding ticket driving around in reverse :)

If they are all controlled by the same parameter and you increased that, one side effect could be that the parking sensor/camera screen lingered for too long when you started going forward again which could be annoying?

Reactions: mmi
Interesting... :speechless:
Indeed there is in module 10 an adaptation channel "MAS02042-Deactivation limitation" set to 15km/h from the factory.
I have been thinking it's for disabling parking sensors when going forward. Never thought about reversing but have noticed that "vehicle speed" on the bus is always ≥ 0 even when reversing.
Didn't work for me :(. The adaptation channel adjusts only speed forward when parking sensors are disabled - or can be activated with the button. The allowed max value is 20 km/h.

When reversing the camera display turns off at 15 km/h. Have to say that before I didn't know that speedo works when reversing - never before looked into it when reversing :speechless: - usually the reversing speed has not been the issue .

If they are all controlled by the same parameter and you increased that, one side effect could be that the parking sensor/camera screen lingered for too long when you started going forward again which could be annoying?
You just made me realise something, on one of my vans the camera stays on longer than the other so must be something different on each effecting it. Nothing to do with speed though, happens even without moving.

Didn't work for me :(. The adaptation channel adjusts only speed forward when parking sensors are disabled - or can be activated with the button. The allowed max value is 20 km/h.

When reversing the camera display turns off at 15 km/h. Have to say that before I didn't know that speedo works when reversing - never before looked into it when reversing :speechless: - usually the reversing speed has not been the issue .

Can you make the front sensors active below speed without needing button press or reverse it’s stupid the way it works now

Can you make the front sensors active below speed without needing button press or reverse it’s stupid the way it works now
I don't know if that can be done. There is no obvious adaptation/coding for that.
Instead I changed the front sensor deactivation speed to max 20km/h and have learned to dwell a second on reverse (DSG) to activate the sensors when setting off. So now I have a kind of collision warning system :D when crawling out of parking areas.

Tying up loose ends...

Upgrade to MQB/PQ35 PDC parking distance control unit in

Back