Retrofit Heated Windscreen??

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Evening boys n girls ,

Just walked up o my van and noticed my screen is cracked .

Now I just wondering before I get it changed is there a way to retrofit the heated screen option, and if so what sort of price would I be looking at?

Cheers in advance.

The screen would be the expensive part
Wiring it in a factory way (BCM controlled) is possible, would require a bit of fiddling in the dash to get it all connected and would need the dash button added etc but if you are up for it im happy to go through it with you and make up the wiring etc ??

Let me know if you are interested and i will price it up

Wiring it in a factory way (BCM controlled) is possible, would require a bit of fiddling in the dash to get it all connected and would need the dash button added etc but if you are up for it im happy to go through it with you and make up the wiring etc ??

Hi Pauly,
1st cheers for the reply, I've just priced up windscreen cost
Gen VW non heated £218 plus fitting
Gen VW heated £406

Pilkington non heated £175 +vat ,Inc fitting.

So I think for now I'll have to go non heated as I also got to fit a new screen to my Passat due to a leaking seal. Never had a screen replaced or repared now got 2 to do in a week . Tho I would still be interested in a price for everyhing else that would be need in case it ever needs doing again?

Can’t you get it done through your insurance, usually £75ish excess, but varies?

I' waiting for autoglass to come back to me as I told them I wanted a genuine VW one fitted and they don' know if the insurance will pay the difference. So I doubt they would let me get a heated one put in?

Hi, has anyone successfully retrofitted a heated windscreen to their t6 , if so could you give me a rough idea of costs involved
Many thanks

Just had to replace front heated screen on my T6. Think it was about £450 from TPS and another £100 for fitting. There are 4 wires that come off the bottom of the screen that are for heating so might need quite a bit of wiring.

Can you not claim on your insurance for screen ??[/Q

Pauly - just had a retrofit screen added to my van. Just need to wire it up somehow? Any help appreciated ??

Hi Pauly, this is something that I am also considering at the moment. Would you be able to let me know the associated cost of the wiring and changes needed to get this done.

Kind regards,

Ed

I' waiting for autoglass to come back to me as I told them I wanted a genuine VW one fitted and they don' know if the insurance will pay the difference. So I doubt they would let me get a heated one put in?
don't waste your time trying to get a oem screen they are probably more prone t breaking than a auto glass replacement.
see the cracked screen thread here >Another cracked screen.

I've recently had my factory heated screen replaced. I'm with Admiral and cost me £95 excess and no impact to no-claims. They replaced it in 30 minutes the next day.

How much for the wiring kit Pauly? Would be very interested

No idea never done it so I can’t produce a loom but i could make up some connectors/plugs if it helps but I would need you to tell me what you need on the ends etc ??

By the way, I will join the thread, because I damaged the glass and replaced it immediately with the version with heating. A few photos from the process of creating a cable harness. I already had a switch for heating the windshield integrated in the Climatronic panel. The description is for the T6 version, not the T6.1 version, but the cable harness is the same. As the work progresses, I will try to include the remaining stages of assembly.
1616830399803.png

Below, a part of the cable harness - ground wires. The photo also shows the part numbers - plugs.
IMG_20210326_203728.jpg

The end of the positive cable. I needed two of them.
IMG_20210326_211621.jpg
The connectors I used should be sealed.
IMG_20210327_083643.jpg

Ground point under the wiper mechanism to which we attach the cable harness.
IMG_20210327_083542.jpg

Connection to the windscreen strips. The external is positive, internal is mass.
IMG_20210327_083558.jpg

I just don't know if these windscreen tapes should not be hooked somehow, can someone give a photo of how it's made at the factory?

Can I get a heated windscreen fitted into a T6 Caravelle executive that surprisingly didn’t come with one

Anyone know of anyone who can supply
And fit?
By the way, I will join the thread, because I damaged the glass and replaced it immediately with the version with heating. A few photos from the process of creating a cable harness. I already had a switch for heating the windshield integrated in the Climatronic panel. The description is for the T6 version, not the T6.1 version, but the cable harness is the same. As the work progresses, I will try to include the remaining stages of assembly.
View attachment 110057

Below, a part of the cable harness - ground wires. The photo also shows the part numbers - plugs.
View attachment 110055

The end of the positive cable. I needed two of them.
View attachment 110056
The connectors I used should be sealed.
View attachment 110059

Ground point under the wiper mechanism to which we attach the cable harness.
View attachment 110058

Connection to the windscreen strips. The external is positive, internal is mass.
View attachment 110060

I just don't know if these windscreen tapes should not be hooked somehow, can someone give a photo of how it's made at the factory?
Ok so I don’t have that switch on my OH T6 caravelle Executive because somehow it did not have a heated screen fitted, can it be retrofitted

Back