Retrofit double-seat

@t6 steve recently posted that he wanted to do the opposite..
Hi I have a double simora seat for sale you can have it for £150 it’s immaculate out of 2019 van. I’m in York and it’s collection only. You will get £700 plus for a good passenger single.

Dont forget guys he needs an airbag swap as well. No idea how much they are.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was informed by a local business that there is no need for an airbag swap. In the end I sorted out my problem! Many thanks for all the replies.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was informed by a local business that there is no need for an airbag swap. In the end I sorted out my problem! Many thanks for all the replies.
there is if you want it how the factory would do it.

Did your van have a single seat when new? If t did the the air bag will be narrower than the double seat therefore not give protection to passengers.

I’m just going off the information I got from a campervan conversion unit who was informed by their local VW garage it was not necessary.

Does anyone have an idea of how to swap airbags if it came to it? Easy enough? Price etc? Info online is limited.
@Pauly may be able to get you a part number and price.

Did your van have a single seat when new? If it did then the air bag will be narrower than the double seat therefore not give protection to passengers.
As Skyliner said, it’ll be narrow. Not only will your middle passenger not be happy, but neither will your insurance company.

I would suggest the first thing to do would be to find out what the seating was when the van was new. Im sure @Pauly would be able to help to provide this information if you cant find it yourself.

The airbags are 100% different for single and double seats, they are crazy money brand new from VW circa £1000
Regards swapping the airbag is a rectangular style package that is held in with four bolts and both types are the same size/shape/fixings so are a straight swap

I don’t know if your still after the swap I have late 68 Simora double bench seat and airbag and looking for single passenger captains seat. My van has only 8k miles on. Wasn’t going to swap airbag TBH, but could. However, checked your profile and we are opposite ends of the country (I’m in Portsmouth). I would be ok to hold out and swap after the lockdown. If not I’ll source a seat and sell mine. PM me if your interested we can exchange photos of seats etc.

New on the forum - Just bought 19 plate T6 - want to buy a double passenger seat for front - I’d thought about going to VW - but open to ideas - can anyone suggest a good alternative UK support ? Thanks

You may find someone who wants to swap. What do you currently have fitted to your van?

You will need to think about airbags if you have those fitted too

New on the forum - Just bought 19 plate T6 - want to buy a double passenger seat for front - I’d thought about going to VW - but open to ideas - can anyone suggest a good alternative UK support ? Thanks
I have one for sale it’s out of a 19 plate high line,it’s collection only from York when the lockdown allows.if interested message me .

Hi
I have one for sale it’s out of a 19 plate high line,it’s collection only from York when the lockdown allows.if interested message me .
Hi
I could be interested - mine is black high line what colour is your double?

Singles are worth a lot more than doubles.

The main problem is the passenger air bag in the dashboard is different for a double seat. Doubles are less comfortable.

If you need one extra seat then you could fit a single shuttle seat in the back - the middle ones have a integral belt.

C296806C-BFEE-441F-991D-7C0232B34F6A.jpeg

As said above, single seats are worth maybe 3 or 4 times a double. Especially with the base. Also take into account of going from a single to double the air bag wont be wide enough for the new seat to protect both occupants.

It's in Simora picture attached.IMG_20200309_100252.jpg
As said above, single seats are worth maybe 3 or 4 times a double. Especially with the base. Also take into account of going from a single to double the air bag wont be wide enough for the new seat to protect both occupants.

Back