Replacing External Tailgate Release (internal Works Fine)

almcnicoll

Hi all,
I have a 2015 T6, disabled-taxi conversion. It has electronic latch release on the tailgate, both internal and external switches. External release has been a bit temperamental of late - sometimes needed 10+ tries to get it to release - but internal switch still works fine. With a powered wheelchair in the back, it's increasingly painful to get to the internal switch, so I'd like to replace the external one. I'm assuming from the symptoms that it's just a failed external switch.
Two questions - firstly, any idea what the part's called? I've spent ages searching through parts websites for "tailgate release", "tailgate pressure switch", "boot lock release", etc.
Secondly, has anyone else had this, and do you know how hard it is to pull off the external housing to get at the switch?
Cheers,
Al

Hi all,
I have a 2015 T6, disabled-taxi conversion. It has electronic latch release on the tailgate, both internal and external switches. External release has been a bit temperamental of late - sometimes needed 10+ tries to get it to release - but internal switch still works fine. With a powered wheelchair in the back, it's increasingly painful to get to the internal switch, so I'd like to replace the external one. I'm assuming from the symptoms that it's just a failed external switch.
Two questions - firstly, any idea what the part's called? I've spent ages searching through parts websites for "tailgate release", "tailgate pressure switch", "boot lock release", etc.
Secondly, has anyone else had this, and do you know how hard it is to pull off the external housing to get at the switch?
Cheers,
Al
Did you ever get any help with this ? Im
Also dumbfounded with how to service this damned switch myself

Back