Central locking and key fob not working properly. T6 Combi 2019

Stew66

Hi
A few weeks ago I closed my tailgate on a full boot which then jammed.
I couldn’t open the boot externally and managed to open it using the internal switch (T6 Combi). I noticed that a folded table was pressing against the area of the internal switch.
All seemed well until later I tried to lock all doors using the central locking switch on the drivers door. The switch appeared to work but then immediately clicked back open.
All doors appear closed on the dash display.
I have also tried cleaning the door locks/sensors.
Finally my key fob also no longer works correctly. I can usually either get the key fob to only single click or only double click. The light on the drivers door stays solidly lit for about 30 seconds and then flashes which I believe, indicates a fault.
I think the cause must be connected to the boot but has anyone any idea of what I should do please?
Thanks

Hi just wondered if you ever got this issue resolved? I’m having a similar problem. Many thanks.

Hi Drew,
The problem was never sorted. Took it to a garage but they failed to solve the issue.
If you work out what’s wrong then please let me know

Hi Stew
Thanks for the reply I think mine might be N/S sliding door lock mechanism as it’s been playing up a bit by not unlocking from the key but just wanted see what you‘ve done before I buy one
it’s like the car thinks that a door is not closed but on the MFD it shows all doors are closed and all doors do lock from the key
but sometimes the tailgate doesn’t unlock from the key the first time just like the sliding door has been for some weeks now
now when I drive the doors lock and unlock when ever I go below 15MPH I've even disabled auto locking with VCDS and it still try’s
to self lock

Hi Stew
I've found out what’s wrong with my central locking I’m hoping I can help you with what I’ve found out
mine was the micro switch in side the lock mechanism for the sliding door
there is way you can test this without taking anything apart
if you drive the van along and make sure your going over the auto locking speed ie 15 MPH +
get someone else to help you by pulling and pressing each of the door locking buttons one at a time
you shouldn’t hear the central locking activating but if you do hear the central locking you’ve found the door that is causing your problem
That’s how I found my fault
mybe You have a mico switch not making like I did
let me know how you get on

Back